Mk1 tt spluttering under load (1.8t 225bhp)

Jackhop22

Reaction score
Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Hi!

got some issues with my girlfriends tt, it has a bad splutter under load/boost, at its worst in third gear about 3000rpm which at times makes the eml light flash. I've plugged in vcds and it just came up with random multiple misfire. It had new plugs about 5k ago. Wired thing is, it's smooth on idle and drives well when not booting it!
Was just curious if there was a common fault that may cause this?

i was thinking coils, but would have thought that would be a constant misfire on idle ect

or maybe a maf? But would have thought that would flag a fault in the memory?

only other thing there was an old fault that cleared and didn't come back, relating to the inlet cam sensor.

cheers for any help given!

\Just to add i had EXACT problem with my 1.8T after a remap, Idle was smooth, gentle throttle and light load was smooth....then bang misfires under boost with light flashing wild, eventually got so bad the light stayed on permanently...changed packs and all was good again;)

Yeap recall would be my 1st suggestion, result :)

picked up the tt yesterday, gutted! turns out only one of the coils are originals so only got one replaced! :/ ... and the misfire under load fault still remains!, looks like i will have to get the wallet out now!