MK1 Roadster Wet Passenger Footwell

Ryan Wright

Reaction score
hi please can anyone help/advice

The missus TT has soaking wet carpet in the passenger footwell and just behind passenger seat over the last few days after really bad rain. I cant see any obvious signs leaking or if its dripped down the side from anywhere.

The rubber seal on opening the door seems quite wet so unsure if the seal has gone. . . . I have checked where the pollen filter is housed too to see if water is coming in there but seems pretty dry . . .

How do i check any drain plugs front and rear?
I thin the rear behind seat is coming from where the water is meant to drain from the hood ?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Ryan

I am having the same similar issue. Mines is not a roadster however. Passenger footwell wet. Again the seal has water sitting in it on the bottom side, if you peel it back a bit the water is obvious, driver side is fine. There is interior trim that joins together at the bottom of the door and l can only guess this is where the water is getting in. Why the seal is holding water l dont know. Only other thing l have read is heat exchanger, but its clean water with no smell. Only happened in the past 3 weeks.

I am having the same similar issue. Mines is not a roadster however. Passenger footwell wet. Again the seal has water sitting in it on the bottom side, if you peel it back a bit the water is obvious, driver side is fine. There is interior trim that joins together at the bottom of the door and l can only guess this is where the water is getting in. Why the seal is holding water l dont know. Only other thing l have read is heat exchanger, but its clean water with no smell. Only happened in the past 3 weeks.

I think mine may be the heater matrix I am going to take the scuttle panel off and check the front drain holes and around the pollen filter but It seems to be dry In there.
I honestly don’t think it’s leaking from the sides or anything because the side walls on the carpet in the footwell are bone dry it it’s literally the flat where you would put your feet.

I had to too the coolant up the other week so I’m guessing could be the heater matrix now it’s just impossible to dry out in this weather too to try and investigate further to tell if it’s rain or what causing my issue

What l was using to help dry was putting a folded towel down then heavy plastic box on top. Soaks most up after a while. Full heat air into footwell. It a lot better now but still feels as though its still getting in somewhere. I just read a post about seals https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1144209&start=45 , post by swissjetpilot, has a pdf. I have just tried one of the areas he mentioned where water might be getting into then down seal. Failing all that l will pull the trim, if l can find instructions, and pull carpet back. Then have a better look.

What l was using to help dry was putting a folded towel down then heavy plastic box on top. Soaks most up after a while. Full heat air into footwell. It a lot better now but still feels as though its still getting in somewhere. I just read a post about seals https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1144209&start=45 , post by swissjetpilot, has a pdf. I have just tried one of the areas he mentioned where water might be getting into then down seal. Failing all that l will pull the trim, if l can find instructions, and pull carpet back. Then have a better look.
I have checked the drain holes in the door all seems ok I don’t think it’s getting in through the door seal honestly seems as though it’s coming from Underneath it’s so weird can’t put my finger on it at all

No more wet since l reseatted the door seal and plastic foot kick trim, l did use a bit of sealant as mentioned in that pdf link. Hopefully wont come back.