Mk1 RNSE and Bluetooth streaming??

dg-1984

Hi, I have spent a few days looking and trying to find out an answer to my question but there are lots of numbers and abbreviations about and don't k ow what exactly I have fitted.

My car is a 2007 S3 and has the mk1 RNSE with CD/TV button instead of the media button. It has the built in bluetooth module for hands free calling. It also has the CD changer in the glove box and also has the Bose system.

What I want to know is can bluetooth streaming work with my setup, I don't use the CD changer so that can be removed.
I don't care about controlling it from steering wheel but would be good.
And I don't see any track info etc anyway with my unit so that's not an issue.

If it can what do I need to buy for it to work?
I will be using Spotify if it works.

Thanks.

s8craig

VCDS Map User
Yes, add an AUX port and BT adaptor to the port. Fairly straight forward, but it will need some recoding to enable the AUX and a cable running to the BT adaptor and power for that. But you could hide all of this behind the glove box.

dg-1984

Yes, add an AUX port and BT adaptor to the port. Fairly straight forward, but it will need some recoding to enable the AUX and a cable running to the BT adaptor and power for that. But you could hide all of this behind the glove box.

Thanks for that, sounds simple enough.
Am I best to get the aux plug and cable run into the glove box and then attach a Bluetooth receiver into the 3.5mm jack?
Or am I best to just fit a full kit with the Bluetooth receiver included like this kit on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222184071335

Where would best place to run it, glove box or in the arm rest or cupholder do you think?
If hard wiring it could also run a cable so I could charge my phone aswell and it would be hidden.

Last edited: