MK 4 Golf R32

R32 MK4 :anbet:

I've had two S3's and an R32 so I think I'm in a position to comment, and I think the R32 is miles better than the S3. It handles better (not difficult), looks better (subjective of course), has miles more character, is more exclusive and sounds glorious. I sold mine in November and still miss it, easily better than the S3 in my opinion. The interior looks dated now but no more so than an S3 I suppose. It was expensive to run though, and a lot have been thrashed but it goes better (standard), stops better and handles better.

A stage 1 VF supercharger gives it about 330 bhp and the kits are available second hand through the owners forum or eBay international.

A standard R32 will be a fair bit slower than your S3, but what it lacks in outright power it makes up for in the way it drives and sounds. With a non-resonated Milltek it sounds like a beast.

You may not enjoy it as much as I did, but take one for a test drive and see what you think.

ive had about 5 s3's now, and 2 r32's, the r32 is a much better car IMO, the seats are great as well, the sound is good from them, get a miltek exhaust and a remap and some cams and a manifold and you will be good for 280bhp

here was my most recent one, i loved it and only sold it due to me buying a house, i had a turbo kit ready to go on with the rods and pistons but ended up selling it all,
DSC00326.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

and a picture after the kid i sold it to smashed it up whilst drunk behind the wheel, and killed his mate in it, pillock

r32.jpg

LOl, god you lot know how to put someone in a dilemma, well i will go test drive a few, cant be that bad can they?

Ive always wanted one for some reason and what I really wanted was a RS4(B5) but I know I will have problems maintaining it and dont want to put myself in that type of position.

R32... hmmmmm I do hear what you lot are saying though and im not in no way thinking i will be impressed by power but I will test drive some this week and update you lot!

you dont want a rs4, they are absolute guzzlers on petrol, £20 will get you 70 miles if your lucky

Juice is not an issue, never has been, my vr used to give me 60 miles for £20 on a good day!! lol

I used to get 60 miles for £20 in my R32! Was when Super Unleaded was around £1.30 a litre though.

I used to get 60 miles for £20 in my R32! Was when Super Unleaded was around £1.30 a litre though.

Yeah the Vr I think the prices were around £1.15 ish a litre I think, do you know they are meant to be raising the price again? An increase in fuel duty, I see some pumps have already raised there prices!

I guess we all have a difference of opinion here and some love the R32. Some love the S3. Some love the Pink M3 Drop top. Faz i know you do mate. Nothing wrong with my style thanks, i just looked at the M3 and thought of you instantly! :)

It would be crazy to go and get a gas guzler now mate. Tax will no doubt rise on Vehicle Excise again and petrol prices will no doubt rise also. Just take your time and dont make a rash decision about any R32 just because it sounds nice.

The seats in my opinion are far to bulky in the R32. Look like Airline recliners lol. Recaros are slimer and look more like a sports seat than an armchair.

G

I guess we all have a difference of opinion here and some love the R32. Some love the S3. Some love the Pink M3 Drop top. Faz i know you do mate. Nothing wrong with my style thanks, i just looked at the M3 and thought of you instantly! :)

It would be crazy to go and get a gas guzler now mate. Tax will no doubt rise on Vehicle Excise again and petrol prices will no doubt rise also. Just take your time and dont make a rash decision about any R32 just because it sounds nice.

The seats in my opinion are far to bulky in the R32. Look like Airline recliners lol. Recaros are slimer and look more like a sports seat than an armchair.

G

LOL, how could you think of me 1st, why on earth were you looking at that THING in the 1st place???? lol

Totally understand what you saying mate, well as I said we see what happens, you never know with life, what maybe around the corner ;)

Im pretty sure there are two types of seats for the r32 one slightly more sportier seat version, im sure i have read it somewhere!!!