MK 4 Golf R32

FazS3

Reaction score
Well as some of you may know Im selling my car, cant help but look at these beauties, always wanted one, I know it would be a step down in power, however I miss the sound of the V6, whats your opinion on them lads?

Faz

I used to have one. I loved it, especially the noise. I'd defo have another one

I'ts a different feel totally. Bit slower acceleration at slower speeds but mid and top end is impressive. I just really miss that noise. The inside is a really nice place to be

They can put Supercharger's on the R32's which gives them absolutely devastating performance.

I read an article in practical performace car (last month's isssue) on storm developments who've got a mk2 golf with an R32 engine & supercharger (& uprated internals), it was pushing something close to 600hp

Yeah but that would be really thirsty!! lol DeckedR32 over on the 8P section had a stunning r32 was really the dogs bollo**s!

I wanted to put the EIP twin turbo kit on mine. would have been awsome. There thirsty enough standard when you put your foot down

very nice cars there faz. thing is theres going to be alot of cars that are going to just feel slower then yours.unless you get one thats had something special done to that you get me.

very nice cars there faz. thing is theres going to be alot of cars that are going to just feel slower then yours.unless you get one thats had something special done to that you get me.

Im not bothered about it feeling slower, ive always wanted 1 so just thought why not get one, so just on the hunt will see how it go, just wanted some opinions! personally they seem like very nice cars!

the JBS turbo'd R32 isnt that thirsty apparently unless you boot it, obviously.....

and im almost certain its wey over 600hp

the JBS turbo'd R32 isnt that thirsty apparently unless you boot it, obviously.....

and im almost certain its wey over 600hp

Certainly is running over 600BHP..the owner was in there when Rob and I visited a few months back. It sounds like a mental car!

yeah it certianly is nice.... its on youtube if you put the usual criteria in 'jbs' turbo' 'r32' ....on the rollers with the pound coin test (coin balancing on head) whilst it hits boost on the RR, coin stays where it is

my mate had a R32 and it was easier to set off quickly in as it pulled from a standstill from low revs. Make sure you get the better bucket seats they are awesome. They also handle right straight out of the box so no upgrades needed there.

Have had a test drive in one and drove way better than my standard S3, not sure how it compares to an MTM though...

depends what you mean by way better? its higher than the S3, its got the same 4wd system and the interior isnt as good both in design and quality..... if your comparing against a standard S3 then can see what your saying but against a remapped cant see that it would be much different apart from having to negotiate around the small amount of lag....

the R32 seat are better than the S3 ones ( the optional upgraded R32 seats) You sit a lot lower in the R32 the S3 feels a little high and armchairy.

Think the R32 are 230 + after the software remap vw did and are faster std than a std S3. Know this because between me and a couple of mates we had a S3,R32 and a TT. R32 is exactly the same wheelbase as the S3 whereas the TT is shorter. going off subject.

The R32 would be harder to live with imo day in day out as they are quite loud but the mk4 is far better than the mk5 R32 imo

I like them too Faz, I would defo look at one, if they werent that thirsty!!

Im not looking to compare it to a MTM, just wanted to know general opinions, it will be alot slower then what I have atm, but that doesnt really bother me.

Having had a Vr6, V6 4motion, I just want a r32, I love the sound of the V6 sounds awesome and personally I think the build quality is awesome!

Faz i see no point in this move at all. Other than just for a change. I've said many times mate, your S3 is really nice and now it's detailed its in stunning condition. You have all the toys to include SatNav, why change for a lesser car which will be more expensive to run.

If you can afford the running costs on an R32 then surely you'd be better in an Avant with 2 turbo's and flared arches would you not??

That move i can understand, and while the R32 for me is a lovely looking car it doesn't have the appeal that others do.

Just my opinion though faz, you'll do the right thing for you i'm sure. Whatever you get it'll be nice.

G

Faz i see no point in this move at all. Other than just for a change. I've said many times mate, your S3 is really nice and now it's detailed its in stunning condition. You have all the toys to include SatNav, why change for a lesser car which will be more expensive to run.

If you can afford the running costs on an R32 then surely you'd be better in an Avant with 2 turbo's and flared arches would you not??

That move i can understand, and while the R32 for me is a lovely looking car it doesn't have the appeal that others do.

Just my opinion though faz, you'll do the right thing for you i'm sure. Whatever you get it'll be nice.

G

I know what your saying G, avant would be a dream, but maintenance, not really ready for that atm, r32, just want a change still love the s3 but if I get a good deal I will change if not then its staying, but we see what happens, I love the r32, I know its not the fastest thing in the world but man silky smooooth or what

Nice cars indeed but disappointingly slow 'out of the box'...modifications needed :readit:

I owned one from Jan 24 to March 12. The sound, the interior and the exterior are lovely BUT the car is underpowered. If you dont mind that and fancy a change then get one as you wont be disappointed. But beware engine mods are not cheap so if you think you will get bored of the speed dont buy one unless you have deep pockets!

A turbo conversion will set you back around £10000. Storm supercharger around £8000. VF Supercharger £6000. Cams £700. Millitek £400.

It took me 47 days to realise that this car will never be as fast as I want it to be because I was not prepared to spend that kind of money on it. I now own an 8L!:thumbsup:

I owned one from Jan 24 to March 12. The sound, the interior and the exterior are lovely BUT the car is underpowered. If you dont mind that and fancy a change then get one as you wont be disappointed. But beware engine mods are not cheap so if you think you will get bored of the speed dont buy one unless you have deep pockets!

A turbo conversion will set you back around £10000. Storm supercharger around £8000. VF Supercharger £6000. Cams £700. Millitek £400.

It took me 47 days to realise that this car will never be as fast as I want it to be because I was not prepared to spend that kind of money on it. I now own an 8L!:thumbsup:

Well said mate.

Faz...

Silky smooth yea mate. But its not all about the engine. I'm sorry if i offend anyone with this but a MK4 R32 is nothing to look at mate. Can easily be mistaken for a normal golf. The S3 on the other hand.

Maintenance on the R32 has to be very comparible to that of an RS4 also.

Mpg's around the same?? What happend to the RS4 powered S3?/RS4's you were lookin at? Different league imo mate.

G

True very expensive to modify, but if you feel its enough it is enough I guess. Its very different to the s3 though in a lot of ways

LOL faz mate. Come on get real here now.

Going from an MTM S3 into an R32 with around 100Hp less you are telling me that you'll be happy with it?

I give you 2 weeks. Max, before you regret the change. There are plenty of other cars which offer more power for little money.

G

LOL faz mate. Come on get real here now.

Going from an MTM S3 into an R32 with around 100Hp less you are telling me that you'll be happy with it?

I give you 2 weeks. Max, before you regret the change. There are plenty of other cars which offer more power for little money.

G

I dont think power is everything though, I will be test driving some this week, but having had a V6 4 motion and a vr6 I kinda know what im expecting, so I dont think I will be disappointed, not everything is about power G, well I dont think anyway.

Faz lol you must have thought somewhere along those lines to buy the car you currently have. Imo you are going backwards not forwards. I don't mean that nastily though so please don't take my opinion to heart.

If you want something less powerful go for something which will save you money not cost you more.

G

Faz lol you must have thought somewhere along those lines to buy the car you currently have. Imo you are going backwards not forwards. I don't mean that nastily though so please don't take my opinion to heart.

If you want something less powerful go for something which will save you money not cost you more.

G

Na, I just bought it cos at the time I wanted a BT s3, and now I want a r32.

It maybe a step backwards in terms of power yes, but r32 is a hell of car mate, you cost more in the sense of fuel, insurance etc?

If I had known I would held on to my car and we could of done a swap!!! I want to BT my S3 so you could have had my R32 and I would have saved some money!

a 400 plus was going for 13/14k recently by Andy at Storm
I had a Golf VR6 and miss the V6 growl and wanted to go back but looking into it realistically and not with nostalgia you'll realise (or not) that its not as good.

Faz your mind is set so let us know when you get it and hey...be honest.

And when you're in it and you see an S3 coming up behind you.... TURN OFF THE ROAD!!! Because if it wastes you, you will be soooo p*ssed!!

Lol :) Hehe....Faz stick with the car you have mate. Or i'll buy the M3 and make you drive it!

G

LOl, god you lot know how to put someone in a dilemma, well i will go test drive a few, cant be that bad can they?

Ive always wanted one for some reason and what I really wanted was a RS4(B5) but I know I will have problems maintaining it and dont want to put myself in that type of position.

R32... hmmmmm I do hear what you lot are saying though and im not in no way thinking i will be impressed by power but I will test drive some this week and update you lot!

LOl god who has resprayed it that colour lol, but G honestly think it suits your style a little better lol