Mixed headlight xenon and halogen

Quattro Singh

Reaction score
hi guys,

After some explanation/advice a friend of mine has bought an audi a4 b6 convertible when he showed me the car i noticed the headlights light was different colour after looking under the bonnet it looks like the old owner has stuck the wrong headlight in, one headlight xenon and one halogen, he could have tried to retro fit xenon i'm thinking.

What i'm trying to workout is what is standard on this car, xenon or halogen, rang audi but they couldn't tell us, the xenon headlight has a mitsubishi unit attached to the side of the headlight (ballast??) this makes me think its an after market unit, do audi use mitsubishi parts on there headlights? the wiring looks OEM to me.

How many plugs does a OEM a4 b6 xenon have going to it?

If the car had halogen headlights as standard would it be a matter of plug and play to fit a xenon headlight as long as you had the ballast with the headlight.

Thanks,

Hardeep.

If the car had factory fit xenons then it was have headlight washers in the bumper and auto leveling. Sounds like it's had an after market kit fitted and one xenon bulb has blown and they have just fitted and standard halogen bulb in. I doubt Halogen bulbs would fit OEM xenon headlight units

so after market xenon bulbs can be fitted to standard lights without modification?

Do halogen headlights on the A4 have that magnifying bulb type lens on them? as my mates has it even on the halogen side too, i thought that was only a xenon headlight thing, or it that part of a hid kit?

All the B6's have the "fisheye" or magnifier lense fitted xenon or halogen.

Mitsubishi also manufacture electronic and air conditioning for buildings. It wont or not likley to be a part from a Mitsi car.
Dont confuse the Name with just being associated with cars.

If you can put up a picture of the front of the car showing the headlights and a picutre from behind each headlight inside the bonnet/engine bay. It may be that someone has retro fitted a xenon headlight and not completed both or changed back to halogen.

Depending on how the xenon has been wired it may just be an after market set up neatly instaled.

I thought the power packs for xenons where fitted under the headlights on genuine xenons ?? And you say you can see box deffo after market

as above its prob got a hid kit fitted one blown and replaced with a normal bulb

I bet it looks crap when its lit up at night.