Mitsubishi EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandala

Reaction score
Take a tacky japanese saloon, add a 2ltr engine, turbocharge the knackers off it and mix in some trick diffs. Result a car that will out perform most things on it's way to yet another service in 4500 miles.

This car is the anti-Audi (at least anti modern day Audi) but I contend that anything that goes so quick and demands such compromises from it's owner is cool. Despite them looking like a chav's wet dream.

spy_mitsuevox.jpg

Mandala said:
Take a tacky japanese saloon, add a 2ltr engine, turbocharge the knackers off it and mix in some trick diffs. Result

...a car that looks like it's been driven through Halfords and a lot's stuck to it!

Point to point probably one of the best and in all weathers but cool, no way! Yeah you'll line up at the lights against a Porka and probably embarrass him (as well as through the twisty stuff) but let's be honest, which would you rather own!

These were cool a few years back so the earlier one's yeah, but the newer one's have gotten the same market as the Scooby now so nooo

Hotscar said:
...a car that looks like it's been driven through Halfords and a lot's stuck to it!

Point to point probably one of the best and in all weathers but cool, no way! Yeah you'll line up at the lights against a Porka and probably embarrass him (as well as through the twisty stuff) but let's be honest, which would you rather own!

A 911 which is why I've got one. The point about the EVO is that anyone who really appreciates performance cars can't vote anything but cool. Despite them being embarrassing to be seen in.

On the other hand if you prefer comfy seats and metrosexual/discreet looks buy a TT!

Mandala said:
A 911 which is why I've got one. The point about the EVO is that anyone who really appreciates performance cars can't vote anything but cool. Despite them being embarrassing to be seen in.

Very good...
Haven't we already beaten this topic to death is a different thread?

Just because it's fast, doesn't make it cool.
It's a great car to drive...but sadly, not one true drivers aspire to as the car does too much for you. Any muppet can drive one fast.

Technically very impressive...bulletproof engine etc...but abysmal running costs, crap image and nasty interior tarnish it's appeal.
In many ways, it's a one trick pony...turn in, lift off, power on, slide through....great. Bored now...

As someone who 'really appreciates performance cars' I wouldn't have one parked on my driveway...
Fast cars for people with a lack of driving ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.