Mitch's S4

Chang

Reaction score
So after about a year and half of wanting one, and after watching almost every single video on youtube that's B9 S4 related.
I'm finally a S4 owner!
After selling my B8.5 A4 almost two weeks ago and expecting at least a minimum one month search for the right spec S4, I managed to find this one less than a week later!
0ECO8UN.jpg

JZHjItk.jpg

(Pictures after its clean)

I'm absolutely in love with it, and keep trying to find excuses to take it out for a drive.
It's a nicely optioned car, with a reasonable 17,000 miles on it, after my last car being a black edition, I actually really like the chrome trim surrounding the car, especially the matte chrome mirror caps! Understandably the chrome isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for me it works.
My plan is todo a few subtle mods and try and go for a OEM+ Style, I have a few ideas in mind but for the meantime my plan is:
  • Deep clean the exterior and interior.
  • Ceramic coat and machine polish, along with PPF on the headlights, Boot lip and the gloss black trims on the A, B and C pillars along with trim on the edge of the tailgate.
  • New Wipers.
  • Change the brushed aluminum trim inside to Carbon Atlas.
  • Fix the filler cap
I spent my weekend off, at work giving it a thorough clean, so i'll muster together some before and after shots i've taken.
I've got plenty of ideas in the pipeline, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Mitch

Reactions: Pinky1959, rasA4, GaryP and 1 other person
Great stuff... enjoy the new car. I’d be getting some grey audi wheel nut covers first of all, then start cutting a hole in the roof for the pano
Definitely get rid of the aluminium and most of all .... enjoy

Attachments

• 093F66BB-A8D4-4F45-8BCD-F7A0122E7340.jpeg
    093F66BB-A8D4-4F45-8BCD-F7A0122E7340.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 136
  • F1A4D5DB-6145-40DB-91C0-A0EC319D4025.jpeg
    F1A4D5DB-6145-40DB-91C0-A0EC319D4025.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 6B2B2A98-7D17-47A4-9BD0-3CB248FE4D81.jpeg
    6B2B2A98-7D17-47A4-9BD0-3CB248FE4D81.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 154
Lovely motor! Congrats... !

Hopefully joining the B9 club this year.

Great stuff... enjoy the new car. I’d be getting some grey audi wheel nut covers first of all, then start cutting a hole in the roof for the pano
Definitely get rid of the aluminium and most of all .... enjoy
The car came with some black ones to match the centre caps, all I’m missing is one locking cover, I’ve left them off as the wheels will be coming back off again when it goes for it’s ceramic coat:)
I’ve never really been a lover of glass roofs, mainly because they are lovely when you clean the car but after a few days the glass gets pretty dirty and I find especially in my mums car I prefer the blind closed,
Lovely motor! Congrats... !

Hopefully joining the B9 club this year.
Thank you, you won’t be disappointed!

Before I took my car to work to give it a well deserved clean, me and my dad popped out the center caps and he brought them back to life.

Before:
jLlcPQT.jpg

After:
7BdoH2i.jpg

All they needed after was a little blow with the airline.

VVP4OjM.jpg

Reactions: GaryP
Finally got around to uploading some photos of after I gave it a good clean,

W1OFvU1.jpg
geBs8xb.jpg
fRbfBgr.jpg

Ie4NzIp.jpg

What the Engine started out like:
PWJGABx.jpg

h9oDddW.jpg

li5iPNf.jpg

After:
trC9QeM.jpg

PCu2anH.jpg

pBFmpA9.jpg

The Breaks received a bit of love also:
e93jaEZ.jpg

The boot came up looking nice:
DQn0TLE.jpg

All ready for the new boot liner:
GWVYk1m.jpg

The Seats before I tackled them:
DhOxIbX.jpg

After:
qbKcKVB.jpg

XCrrHD6.jpg

MICFgyv.jpg

The seats look a million times better now they are dull and clean, The rears had small dimples where the previous owners child seats had been, but after a few weeks now they have almost completely disappeared.
The Steering wheel ended up coming out nice too:
BKmhlV9.jpg
I gave all the carpets a clean with my upholstery machine, and even though they didn't seem too mucky the machine still pulled quite alot of muck out:
n8FnFsH.jpg

Felt so much better driving the car now it was clean inside. I've now had it a few weeks with the ceramic coating, and it's honestly so satisfying cleaning my car now:)

Reactions: TSFIe and SiPie
Looks lovely, what spec?
Red callipers,
Matrix lights,
Assistance pack,
Memory seats,
B&O,
Extended LED interior Pack
Rear privacy glass with the front acoustic glass,
Dimming and folding side mirrors,
Adaptive suspension,
Hill hold,
Rear View Camera,
Advanced Key,
oh and the all important Virtual cockpit,
I've also added Carbon Atlas Inlays:)

I did really want the sports diff, but I found my car and it had good mileage, so I couldn't really miss out on it, I got 95% of the spec I wanted with other options that I wasn't too fussed about but I must admit I'm glad it has them now, especially the assistance pack, the lane assist and cruise control really do make it feel more of an expensive car when you're just cruising on the motorway.

Awesome! What did you use for the seats?
Thanks! Regarding the seats, we have a leather man at work who has his own cleaning solution, and I used that, I would say what’s in it but he keeps it a secret lol,
Other good alternatives are pears soap, and what I’ve also used a lot is Autosmart leather cleaner:)

Reactions: KapB
Changed the front puddle lights a few weeks ago:
Before:
ET9D8gt.jpg

After:
K80r0vz.jpg

I like how the Audi Sport has the bit of red with it, now just need a set for the rear doors!

I like it, ebay?
You can get them from ebay but there is only a few listed, I think Crewe Audi on the forum sells them, I'm in the process now of getting some for the rear doors:)

Reactions: KapB
Stunning! Really nice mate!

Reactions: Chang
Stunning! Really nice mate!
Thanks man!

I managed to get ahold and fit the Carbon Atlas Interior trim a few weeks back, here's a few before and afters:
Before:
Jkjghgl.jpg

After:
rjzIbhj.jpg

Before:
DppF2UR.jpg

After:
xnqa16I.jpg

Before:
ipXgULw.jpg

E27R3GQ.jpg

After:
zRmS7RP.jpg

vuRKOqR.jpg

3oDFy7a.jpg

The silver aluminum did grow on me a bit, but I'm super pleased with how it looks with the Carbon now, definitely helps with making it feel more sporty inside, plus I prefer it at night as the ambient lighting stands out more, compared to being paired with the bright silver of the aluminum.

I also replaced my 80% worn rear and 50% worn front Hankook OEM tyres, with some Michelin PS4S, Haven't really had the chance to throw it round some corners yet, but initial impressions is that they do feel more grippy, especially in the wet, and oddly enough the car felt a bit more smooth riding over small bumps, but i'm pretty sure that it's just in my head, plus they look pretty neat, and didn't cost an arm and leg like I was thinking they would
K2k6o48.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_, SiPie and Jonfun
As my car has Carbon Atlas I can attest to how great it looks in person. Awesome work

Reactions: Sandra and Chang
Thanks man!

I managed to get ahold and fit the Carbon Atlas Interior trim a few weeks back, here's a few before and afters:
Before:
Jkjghgl.jpg

After:
rjzIbhj.jpg

Before:
DppF2UR.jpg

After:
xnqa16I.jpg

Before:
ipXgULw.jpg

E27R3GQ.jpg

After:
zRmS7RP.jpg

vuRKOqR.jpg

3oDFy7a.jpg

The silver aluminum did grow on me a bit, but I'm super pleased with how it looks with the Carbon now, definitely helps with making it feel more sporty inside, plus I prefer it at night as the ambient lighting stands out more, compared to being paired with the bright silver of the aluminum.

I also replaced my 80% worn rear and 50% worn front Hankook OEM tyres, with some Michelin PS4S, Haven't really had the chance to throw it round some corners yet, but initial impressions is that they do feel more grippy, especially in the wet, and oddly enough the car felt a bit more smooth riding over small bumps, but i'm pretty sure that it's just in my head, plus they look pretty neat, and didn't cost an arm and leg like I was thinking they would
K2k6o48.jpg
Car feeling smooth likely down to increase in tread block depth …. Or that you’ve maybe just bought a better tyre :)

Car feeling smooth likely down to increase in tread block depth …. Or that you’ve maybe just bought a better tyre :)
Thats a good point! could very well be that:) I've heard so many people rave about the Michelins

About the same really, both are pretty decent when it comes to rim protection

Reactions: eggraces
Thanks man!

Before:
Jkjghgl.jpg

After:
rjzIbhj.jpg

Before:
DppF2UR.jpg

After:
xnqa16I.jpg

Before:
ipXgULw.jpg

E27R3GQ.jpg

After:
zRmS7RP.jpg

vuRKOqR.jpg

3oDFy7a.jpg

K2k6o48.jpg
The carbon trims really make some deference to the interior. I hate the standard silver trim, but now it looks so good inside. Are these genuine OEM?

The carbon trims really make some deference to the interior. I hate the standard silver trim, but now it looks so good inside. Are these genuine OEM?
Agreed, I also think it helps make S4 feel different to an A4,
And indeed they are, took me a while to find them but definitely worth it:)

Reactions: Keef
@Chang Have the made the centre console trim easier to change on the B9? Was a complete removal of console on the B8 just to get to the screws from underneath.
I changed to carbon on my B8.5 S4 so was glad I could spec it on my B9

@Chang Have the made the centre console trim easier to change on the B9? Was a complete removal of console on the B8 just to get to the screws from underneath.
I changed to carbon on my B8.5 S4 so was glad I could spec it on my B9
The whole interior is pretty easy to change to be fair, just takes a bit of time todo It carefully and not damage any clips, I saw a video of some guy in Canada who didn’t take one of the screws out when removing his carbon dash trim and snapped it in half!
regarding the center console it’s literally only one screw under the little compartment then just pry it up with trim tools, clips were a bit stubborn though;)

Reactions: Keef
Added a few bits to the car over the weekend,

Changed the puddle lights in the rear doors to match the front doors:
SddVR44.jpg

lIfrrBt.jpg

SEAtZjN.jpg

Also changed out the lower drivers dash trim so now I have a bit more extra storage:

Before:
8qKyDX9.jpg

After:
fYk25pS.jpg

k6ZscJp.jpg

Now I have somewhere to put my sunglasses without having to reach over to the glovebox

Also gave it a clean:)
14UOM7m.jpg

Reactions: Keef, KapB and SPIKE_
Added a few bits to the car over the weekend,

Changed the puddle lights in the rear doors to match the front doors:
SddVR44.jpg

lIfrrBt.jpg

SEAtZjN.jpg

Also changed out the lower drivers dash trim so now I have a bit more extra storage:

Before:
8qKyDX9.jpg

After:
fYk25pS.jpg

k6ZscJp.jpg

Now I have somewhere to put my sunglasses without having to reach over to the glovebox

Also gave it a clean:)
14UOM7m.jpg
Looks good, Where'd you source the knee panel storage?

Nice work, I can confirm the storage is great! Its like a black hole lol

Nice work, I can confirm the storage is great! Its like a black hole lol
I know right! I put a few bits in there but had to take them out as they kept
Moving about when driving lol

That knee storage looks good. Wish I had that on mine for my sunglasses too!

I always spec the storage pack!
Puts me off 2nd hand cars when it’s missing.
Nice little retrofit. Realistically this cubby hole and the rear armrest cup holder are the best bits.

How much did the part set you back? I know the rear arm rest cupholders are basically impossible!

That knee storage looks good. Wish I had that on mine for my sunglasses too!
Its it really handy!
I always spec the storage pack!
Puts me off 2nd hand cars when it’s missing.
Nice little retrofit. Realistically this cubby hole and the rear armrest cup holder are the best bits.
Yeah I was quite surprised when originally looking at Ads for S4's at how the storage pack is hardly ever spec'ed,
and agreed I do kinda wish my car had the rear cupholders but doesn't matter all that much as hardly anyone sits in the back seats of my car
How much did the part set you back? I know the rear arm rest cupholders are basically impossible
From Crew Audi off the forum, the kit for the knee storage is about £185

Reactions: Keef and eggraces