Misting Screen

David_B9

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a B9, and it seems that if i dont have the air con on in either eco mode or full the front screen mists up, its as if the air is stuck in recirculate mode.

Any thoughts.

Dave

Normal for this time of year, but just to put your mind at ease make sure the carpet's not wet, or anything other...

I just keep the air con on eco at all times- no noticeable loss of mpg at all.

I too have noticed this. And my solution is to leave the aircon on eco setting.

I too have noticed this. And my solution is to leave the aircon on eco setting.

As per others we either leave the aircon in Eco or failing that set heating controls to auto, which both seem to alleviate the misty front screen.

Yup same prob here. I too leave the aircon on eco

My air con is always on in eco. Air con has always been used constantly in every car I've had or it steams up this time of year. Warm moist human exhalation condensing on a cold glass surface. Not the most challenging science to wrap your head around!

Exactly, and the majority of car forums will be full of questions about windscreens misting up at this time of year. The other will be questions about 'steam' being emitted from exhausts...

Reactions: Gazwould
Had same problem on S5 coupe. Had to had it on a/c constantly. As soon as you turned a/c off windows started to mist up quite badly and also felt quite damp inside. Tried everything from pollen filter to even putting dehumidifier in for a night but no joy. So went to a dealer and diagnosed that it was stuck on recirc all the time even though it was showing its off. Also found that the meters were incorrectly assigned. Happy to say this sorted the problem.

Every Audi I have had mists up easily, you'd have to get in the Honda soaking wet for it to happen in there

Never had any problems with my old a6. But this one was just driving me nuts. You couldn't even call it misting up it was literally beads of water on windscreen. Not what you expect from a 50K car

Unless you have a water leak with wet carpets or the CC is playing up this car is no different to any others in the 'misting up'. I see so many post on other manufacturers forums to know it is as often as not due to local climate conditions.

Reactions: Yaros5
Water leak was my first thought. But checked all footwells and boot but it all seems dry. Recirculation was on constantly. So glad its ok now. Had couple more bits done at Audi dealer and they only charged me for diagnostics. Win-win for me

Normal for this time of year, but just to put your mind at ease make sure the carpet's not wet, or anything other...
*shudders* I f**king hope the carpets are dry, can't handle another round of that with a manufacturer!