Missing Odo or am I going mad ?

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure that in the digital speedo display I could use the scroll wheel to display the Odo ?? At the top of the list was the date then it would scroll through trip 1 details, live mpg, trip 2 details and then at the bottom of the list would be the Odometer with the up arrow next to it where 92.3 is showing in the second picture .....

rbzXDZwc

f3CzoGWz

I disconnected my battery last Friday to do some work on the car and now it seems to have disappeared. I've done a search and can find that pressing the 0.0 button toggles the display modes but that's not what I'm looking for.

Is this there or have I imagined it and need to lay off the pear cider ? If it is how do I get it back ?

Many thanks !

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi Pal l aint got clue to your slight dilemma but can l ask,why did you have to disconnect the battery? you been VCD -ING...LOL

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi mate, yes of course I've been having a fiddle lol! Disconnected the battery in order to remove the air bag to for some 2016MY stubby paddles to replace the elephant ears. See here A3/S3 8V MY16 Info/Rumour Thread

Ah, erm, oh........

It's just occurred to me that the the last item on trip 2 may be the total trip miles that doesn't auto rest when you fuel up like trip 1- if thats the case then it would have shown the same number as the odometer and has now reset itself when the battery was disconnected.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Hi mate, yes of course I've been having a fiddle lol! Disconnected the battery in order to remove the air bag to for some 2016MY stubby paddles to replace the elephant ears. See here A3/S3 8V MY16 Info/Rumour Thread
Hey mate that little Mod is extremely attentive....lol how much did they cost...?Ps l could never dabble with anything like that..... Good On ya though

Cheers J :cheerful:

Think they were £67+VAT whereas the larger 2015 ones are around £180! Can't see me putting the old ones back on so I'll put them on the classified section soon. I've been hands on with cars from an early age so wasn't too bad in face I enjoy the challenge and seeing how things work. I'm in the 'industry' too so that helps.

Think I've answered my question about the Odo in post #4 if a mod wants to lock or delete the thread.

Cheers J :cheerful:

Think they were £67+VAT whereas the larger 2015 ones are around £180! Can't see me putting the old ones back on so I'll put them on the classified section soon. I've been hands on with cars from an early age so wasn't too bad in face I enjoy the challenge and seeing how things work. I'm in the 'industry' too so that helps.

May I have first dibs on your old ones if they would fit my car Was told by Audi UK I couldn't get them for my A3?

May I have first dibs on your old ones if they would fit my car Was told by Audi UK I couldn't get them for my A3?

They're on the classified pages now mate search for 2015 S3 paddles.

I think this might be a DIS software change.

On my previous MY2014 2.0tdi I could scroll though the two ODO's. One was for current trip and the other long term.

Picked up my S3 today and I only have one ODO but now have time displayed which I did not have on the 2.0 TDI.

Both ODO's are available on the onboard computer DIS display.

Are you on on-board computer display ? Digital speedo gives you the two but takes away the time! - its on the MMI screen I guess. Coming from a Leon I quite liked their implementation with odo, mph, temp, compass, gear indicator on the same screen.

Are you on on-board computer display ? Digital speedo gives you the two but takes away the time! - its on the MMI screen I guess. Coming from a Leon I quite liked their implementation with odo, mph, temp, compass, gear indicator on the same screen.

to clarify.....

On my new MY2016 S3 the on board computer display gives both trip (1) and long term (2) ODO readings but only only long term ODO readings on the digital speedo screen

Sounds like a few MY 16 changes to the S/W then as you say - I get trip 1 and trip 2 data that I can scroll through on the digital speedo screen but no odometer which I thought I had before disconnecting the battery. What I thought was the odo turned out to be long term trip 2 that had never before been reset.

In my A3 - there's typically two numbers. The left is the ODO, right is also an ODO which I can reset (pressing 0.0).

The two trip computers show different information.

Computer 1 is short term which holds information for 2 hours then it's erased.

Computer 2 is long-term which holds information indefinitely and can be erased by the driver - I think pressing the "Reset" button.

Not sure if I completely missed the point, but that might help!

Hi there, you are correct there are the two trips which work as you describe .

Bit of confusion though - Odo is the vehicles odometer which shows total mileage covered thus far and cannot be reset. What I thought was an Odo display turned out to be current mileage on trip 2. No great shakes but would have been nice to have on the digital speedo screen.

Ah I see. Sorry - couldn't see the pictures to know exactly what you were referring to. For some reason they're not appearing...in fact no pictures are loading for me on this forum today...:(

to clarify.....

On my new MY2016 S3 the on board computer display gives both trip (1) and long term (2) ODO readings but only only long term ODO readings on the digital speedo screen

CORRECTION: it is the current trip data which is displayed on the digital speedo screen

****** display is stupid ! no clock no odo !

I like to see the time and how many miles im racking up !

Pull your finger out Audi