Missing my A3 :(

Go and buy a Ford...they are much better :lmfao:

Take cover !!!!!!!!!!!!!:moa:

I did, let the TDI go and got the 3.2 lol

Been looking for years and felt so undecided but this just felt so right, everything great until I collected it with a torn out boot interior!!:w00t:

Then I had to go through an ordeal with Audi to get it sorted as it wasn't like that when I deposited (no surprise). They wanted me to pay and ask for a cheque later, that's AFTER booking me in and making me come there!! Anyway got that sorted.

Then the airbag light came on, guy with a beachball on his lap!

So I get it approved to go in for today and I left them with little to no fuel as they always drive my old car and would probably do this one, service lady moans they can't test any problems so I fill it up and come back :blackrs4:

Now itbeen sat there from 9am to 3pm waiting for confor****mation!!!:banghead:

Now I call up saying manager there or not, HONOUR what you have said you would as per warranty. Fast forward to 5.30pm; call to say we are keeping it there.

All day inconvenienced and nothing done, well done audi for yet again showing me awesome service:thumbsup:

I miss my Audi :slapped:

I did look at the ST3, lovely looking thing but felt a bit well "???"

So you traded your TDI for a 3.2 and you want your TDI back...or just the 3.2 ?
What you are experiencing is the anomaly of owning a premium mark......you get crap service. Last time i took my 3.2 in they took 7 weeks to identify why the thing had a misfire. 2 of those week because the guy doing the investigation went on holiday !!
The garage philosophy is...you are honoured to own an Audi and should be pleased you have been allowed too......... so stop moaning.

Nonono... I miss the 3.2!!

You would think in this recession people would appreciate the business, I know I would!

Still no news

:wacko:

Ive had impeccable service from my local dealer.

In fact they just changed my clutch with one days warranty left, even though `technically`its not covered after 6 months or 6K miles.

They have even mentioned the minor mods it has but didnt bust my balls over it, it was mentioned, and then they got on and fixed the car.

Im not saying others havent had crap service but this forum sounds more like a Agony column some days...."woe is me.." etc...

I find being polite and reasonable works a treat. And i always give positive feedback when its due.

When Ive had good experience previously with VW, Ive done the same.

Cheers
Paul

PS- If my local AUDI dealer is good, can you imagine how good the local FORD dealer must bel. Maybe its Northern hospitality or whatever....

PPS - Is it time to start drinking yet?

It works both ways mate, i was incredibly patient with my dealer and consequently kept being pushed to the back of the cue.. I was later advised to go in all guns blazing which I hate but suddenly they were bending over backwards to get things done and ringing every day with progress reports.
The problem is with the huge running costs of these super showrooms ( my local dealer has a hanger size building of chrome and glass) they are charging out at £150 an hour, changing clutches, flywheels, steering racks, porous heads and turbo’s or in my case cam chains removes any profit in selling the car in the first place.
The point is that if as in my case, Nissan or Peugeot were charging £10k+ to fix cam chains they would be writing the cars off in the real world ! why does it cost Audi more to fix a problem than it does Nissan to build a new car ? The answer is the profit margins for Audi must be huge if they can absorb these sort of warrant claims and so you then have to ask wouldn’t it be better to make more reliable cars and sell them for less !!! the answer is of course no because the high cost of the car is an integral part of its appeal and marketing.

In terms of costs, a warranty is a warranty and should be honoured. I can tell you with this particular branch, they hate each other and if you're nice you're stupid in their eyes.

The VW dealerships are often ok that I have experienced with the exception of the same VW dealership location as this Audi dealership.

My best experience was Stratford Audi, you're polite and they are, problems get fixed and being an *** is a last resort.

Some news now; its being "put" back together and waiting a cost of the ECU and getting that approved. Hopefully the car won't be sat there for 6 hours waiting approval for a 20 minute job?:motz:

Stuck on a shop floor till Monday evening, even then could be in a while...carless

I spent 30 mins stuck in a taxi with the driver explaining how great he is!!!

I want to go for a drive....

....:(

Ah you're missing the V6 burble eh! least you will appreicate it when shes back! Hope they sort it soon though.

my order

Fiesta
Fiesta
Fiesta
A3
S3

hope you dont have to wait too long bud the wait on my s3 is killing me

I have to say I do feel quite down about it, usually not too fussed but yeah it must be the noise and speed!! Plus on Fridays I like a little cruise...

Yup, I love mine, the sound is great and I must have a heavy foot lol as I smile every time I drive him. Love it! Have a few beers and chill.

Come on there A3..be a man !!you can get through this mate !!!!

I don't drink, I get my joy from erm :huh: lol

Just a joke (whatever you lot were thinkin ;))

A small big update:

- Courtesy car yesterday (2.0TDI, good times)
- Today got the car back and in short; airbag fixed, it has had work on it before :)ermm:), DSG mechatronic possible problem, Boot light missing (someone tore the boot interior AFTER I placed a deposit)

Been promised a call tomorrow, will wait and see? :greyrs4:
However, it still drives and man.....:hubbahubba:

I don't drink, I get my joy from erm :huh: lol

Just a joke (whatever you lot were thinkin ;))

A small big update:

- Courtesy car yesterday (2.0TDI, good times)
- Today got the car back and in short; airbag fixed, it has had work on it before :)ermm:), DSG mechatronic possible problem, Boot light missing (someone tore the boot interior AFTER I placed a deposit)

Been promised a call tomorrow, will wait and see? :greyrs4:
However, it still drives and man.....:hubbahubba:

Ah its back eh! Good. So whats the DSG problems? and cant they replace the boot light? lol, yeh they do drive well, mine makes me smile each and every time! Except at the petrol station lol.....

I felt from what I read online that the DSG had early mechatronic failure, the Audi master tech confirmed it would need replacing eventually but wouldn't have a further look unless authorised.

On closer inspection in the boot, the light is missing and wires hanging, which was there when the interior was missing when I picked it up, wasn't like that when I deposited.

Spoke to the dealer manager where I got it, very rude, no sympathy and then said he would just refund me. I felt so insulted so I agreed subject to compensation as I have bought 1 years insurance and a 425 tax disc + petrol costs of messing around from the dealer and I NEED a car to move around. Then started saying its too expensive so he wouldnt authorise it, then said he would get his professional "mate" to drive it for 40 miles and back if I am happy with that. I said how can you do that when a master technician has confirmed it has early failure.

He started getting angrier and rude to me, so I just told him if he wants to go down the long route then fine but there is no reason for you not to authorise it. Then he wanted to give me a manual polo for anything up to 7 weeks, because I said no as I cant drive manuals he went off again and started saying about legal stances.

In the end he said he 'may' get me a golf but doesn't know when, felt like he was trying to escape the warranty period so I told him I will get that confirmed by writing to him because he wouldn't give me a time frame. Finally; he said he would call before 6pm tomorrow.

I'd like to get this sorted, my car has been treated like **** and I paid them full, up front and so far they have shown me no kindness and expected me to be wow'd that they authorised the air bag problem, when they should have told me in the first place they repaird it??? Also the fact its a warranty issue....

Not sure what to do, few different options, I want to go down there but its a 30 min drive.

Just an update that its still with the garage, had a courtesy car since this date but im in a bit of a problem.....

They have delayed any repairs by 2 or 3 weeks and said it will be repaired next week and given back to me by Wednesday. The problem was a coolant leak in the DSG box and an ignition problem causing the radio to cut out. I had to really fight to get them to honour any of this.

Should a delay past next week as well this means it will be out of warranty within 7 days. My issue is whether or not they will dishonourbly try to do this, when the problem was diagnosed over 4 weeks ago and many of the delays are their own organising/being lazy.

Im not sure now, whether to issue a formal letter or not. As at the moment there is no evidence I have a courtesy car or that theres any problem with my a3, its just over the phone and key exchange.

Just an update that its still with the garage, had a courtesy car since this date but im in a bit of a problem.....

They have delayed any repairs by 2 or 3 weeks and said it will be repaired next week and given back to me by Wednesday. The problem was a coolant leak in the DSG box and an ignition problem causing the radio to cut out. I had to really fight to get them to honour any of this.

Should a delay past next week as well this means it will be out of warranty within 7 days. My issue is whether or not they will dishonourbly try to do this, when the problem was diagnosed over 4 weeks ago and many of the delays are their own organising/being lazy.

Im not sure now, whether to issue a formal letter or not. As at the moment there is no evidence I have a courtesy car or that theres any problem with my a3, its just over the phone and key exchange.

if the fault has occurred within the warrany period then the warranty will cover it. the length of time it's taken to fix is their problem

good luck, keep us updated.

S.