1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Missing dab and would like to add reverse camera

Fatty jr Nov 17, 2019

1. Fatty jr

Fatty jr Registered User

Just purchased a 2007 Audi A6 c6 Avant. ( My second Audi)

It's got a 2g high mmi with dab. I've tried to reset the mmi as the dab isn't showing on the mmi. So not sure how to proceed at moment. I have purchased vscd vagcom so I can check system etc

I have ordered the latest mmi update discs from Audi 5570 and latest maps for nav.

I would like to add usb play capability using an Ami or something else and a reversing camera.

I have read about adding a camera, but seem to get conflicting info on what I may need. The car does have reversing sensors.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Are you sure it has DAB, it was an optional extra. If you have VCDS check from module 0F on a scan. Also check for the DAB module in the boot as shown in this thread. https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retro-fit-dab-install.227093/

For USB playback your best option is AMI, another option would be the Dension gateway 500.

I did a complete reversing camera install in my built thread, biggest problem you have will be replacing the control head, as you will need one with an FBAS connector (video input) that is unless your car has a TV tuner fitted. If you do need to replace the control head then component protection will need to be removed which requires a licensed version of ODIS which is available VIA your local Audi dealer or a few select 3rd party garages.

4. Steve Newton

Steve Newton Registered User

Shameless plug.....i have a 2G MMI head with FBAS connector for sale along with some of the camera cables in my forsale thread :)

5. Fatty jr

Fatty jr Registered User

Yes the car supposedly has dab as in the memory section on radio, it shows a lot of stations that are dab.

I am going to have a play with vagcom this weekend as I've got a little stutter on car