1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing cover fixings.

Ianski68 Nov 2, 2018

1. Ianski68

Ianski68 Active Member Team Mauritius TDi Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

So my wife had to call the AA out to our Audi A4 as the Turbo hose blew off! To get to it he jacked up the front drivers side and un screwed the fixings to the under panel and the bottom of the inner wheel arch so as to pull down the front Right side under panel. The problem is he never put them back!

Does anyone know what they are called or even look like, also can I buy them from anywhere other than Audi or is a dealer job

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

ebay sell them, as do amazon etc, quarter turn fixings.

I use DZUS ones with handle so easier to remove , but get the right size as length can vary and diameter, oem will be a lot more than aftermarket.

4. Ianski68

Ianski68 Active Member Team Mauritius TDi Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Many thanks.

5. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

you can get these kits very easy , has several of each fitting, undertray screws and wheel arch screw..etc
    just search webby for " Audi A4 B7 engine undertray fixing screws" .
    hope that helps.

[​IMG]

6. no_idea

no_idea Active Member

Have you actually asked Audi the price, you might be pleasantly surprised!
    eBay parts are often more expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. Just Rob.

I bought some from audi earlier this year and they were silly money for what they are, so after that I use Dzus fitting which are far better and free.

8. kev-s

kev-s Member

Id be calling the AA and complaining!

He basically removed parts from your car then didn't bother to refit them and left your car in an unsafe condition

I presume he didn't hand the fixings back to your wife and just took them with him?

9. Just Rob.

Possibly they weren't all there and may have been held in place by something else, in which case maybe that's why they weren't refitted .
    They are not difficult to use so not sure why the AA guy would have skipped refitting them.

10. kev-s

kev-s Member

Even if only a few were there to begin with whatever he removed he should of refitted

He may of put them down in the back of his van and forgotten about them

Even if there had been something else used instead i would expect the AA man to make the under tray and arch liner secure or at least explain why he hasn't refitted the fixings

Imagine if you drove down the road and the arch liner or under tray caught something or came away causing an accident/damage to the car

Id definatley be speaking to the AA to complain and see if they will supply and fit new fixings

11. piglet14

piglet14 Finally got my midlife crisis car

I bought screw part No. 8D0805121 which are correct for mine. eBay item number: 202346116899 (Hong Kong 2 quid!)
    But then found that the clips were part of the problem so bought them as well, eBay item number: 222862151492 (UK 4 quid)
    Slightly confused though as the clips seem to have the same part No. as the screws.
    Clips still in glove box at the moment!