Misfires

Sequence

Is it normal to have some misfires with an otherwise well-performing car? it is now just passed 3k miles on the clock. I have been doing some logging and just generally looking at numbers and I can see some "live data" for the number of misfires on each cylinder so I screenshotted the counts on the 4th of august and now again today being the 12th and they have gone up a bit, but the car is running fine and I have not detected anything while driving such as a misfire.
Am I being paranoid at a completely normal thing?

7lEONUT.png
[/IMG]

Ftbf4EM.png
[/IMG]

T-1000

Gold Supporter
Is it normal to have some misfires with an otherwise well-performing car? it is now just passed 3k miles on the clock. I have been doing some logging and just generally looking at numbers and I can see some "live data" for the number of misfires on each cylinder so I screenshotted the counts on the 4th of august and now again today being the 12th and they have gone up a bit, but the car is running fine and I have not detected anything while driving such as a misfire.
Am I being paranoid at a completely normal thing?

7lEONUT.png
[/IMG]

Ftbf4EM.png
[/IMG]

Yup. I’ve thousands

All the thousands of revolution cycles there will be some misfires but not enough for any concern.

Mine pops at idle sometimes after a decent run too, again nothing to worry about.
2f6659fed4b3683936ba09b4bfd76830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sequence

Yup. I’ve thousands

All the thousands of revolution cycles there will be some misfires but not enough for any concern.

Mine pops at idle sometimes after a decent run too, again nothing to worry about.
2f6659fed4b3683936ba09b4bfd76830.jpg

Thank you! I'm planning on going revo stage 1 so just want to make sure I have a goodun.

Aoon_M

Normal, these are lifetime misfire counters and not per 1000 rpm counter, if you were misfiring every 1krpm that would be something that would need looked into!

Last edited:

RS03WKS

Do wonder, if these mis-fires on initial engine warm period from cold. Use to be the case pre-injection engine days.

T-1000

Gold Supporter
Do wonder, if these mis-fires on initial engine warm period from cold. Use to be the case pre-injection engine days.

I’ve watched the live recording of misfires in VCDS and they happen on a warm engine at tickover.

RS03WKS

I’ve watched the live recording of misfires in VCDS and they happen on a warm engine at tickover.

yes.. agree