1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

misfire cylinder 2 - cant diagnose

DaMac Nov 22, 2018

1. DaMac

DaMac Registered User

getting a misfire on cylinder 2 according to the last garage I took my car into (been to see 2 now), only they can not tell me what is causing it.

Car has no MIL/fault lights on. I have recently changed spark plugs, spark plug leads and the coil pack. So I am not sure where to start on next as no one can seem to point me in the right direction? I can feel the idle shudder a little in when car is stationary but not when driving.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. stbuk

stbuk Member Silver Supporter

Injector maybe. Might be worth getting a compression test too. How many miles has it done and is it mapped?.

4. DaMac

DaMac Registered User

Hopefully not as that will cost me a bomb wont it? Would I have to do all of them? Now just have to try and find someone close to me who can do a compression test.

5. stbuk

stbuk Member Silver Supporter

You'll save yourself time and money by finding a decent indy garage. Where abouts are you Im sure people on here can recommend you somewhere

6. DaMac

DaMac Registered User

whats an indy garage? I am near Staines just down the road from Heathrow?

7. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

An Indy garage is an independent/local garage

8. DaMac

DaMac Registered User

understand I guess it is just finding one that is good with Audi and can do the compression test. The one I normally use to do basic bits is a bit limited that is local. do people on here recommend garages that are local and good with Audi?

9. Daveyonthemove

Daveyonthemove Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

10. DaMac

DaMac Registered User

Daveyonthemove likes this.