Misano Red S3 Saloon detailing after owning her for 30mins

robps3

Reaction score
Picked my S3 up this morning and drove her back, dealer had cleaned her but after seeing the man in the showroom clean the R8 i thought i'd put her under some lights just to see how bad she was. Lucky at 13000miles I havent got too a big a job with just some light swirls over the paintwork so i decided before waxing her i'd correct the paintwork and follow up with some wax.

After corrected quite a few cars before as a side hobby and did quite a few fellow forum memebers on a R32 forum and then through word of mouth.

as you can see nothing too bad, and maybe one or two stone chips over the car and the audi dealer is going to send me a touch up stick in the post and i'll fix those too.

afraid the sun wasnt really out, but under the light she kind of changes colour to a tango orange. wheels need a clean and im going to seal them.

I want to also clean and then protect the leather seats even though the dealer has done it.
exhaust tips are my only worry, got some wire wool on them and metal polish and they have come up much better but i guess i'll need some tips on there at some stage

bonnet was pretty bad...

sun wasnt coming out for me...

exhaust tips cleaned up, will have another go tomorrow... not even sure a wire brush on a dremel tye thing will do anything to these

then the sun came out for a while, well it was late in the day

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Good, Rob_F, Scottyg and 10 others
lol quite a lot of pictures... sorry guys.

Reactions: Rob_F and Sandra
Car looks awesome. Fantastic job Rob. :)

Ill have to stalk this for exhaust cleaning ideas mine are always sooty half the reason i want black tips on the milltek or remus exhausts

But that red is fantastic esp on the saloon! Health to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: robps3
great job, beautiful car and colour, i don't get why dealers don't take the pride to do a proper correction like you have in first place.

great job, beautiful car and colour, i don't get why dealers don't take the pride to do a proper correction like you have in first place.

yeah i agree, personally i think they could ask for a 000's more but they know the average buyer just wants clean and doesnt notice the swirls in the paintwork or cares about them. Certainly nobody other than me noticed the bloke in the dealership going round cleanng the cars with one cloth only. I use to do some work for a dealer and he would get bunch of cars from auction and then sell them but id go in and he would say ive got 3 cars and i want to pay for a days work and do your best you can on all three. Im sure it cost me more as i use to make sure i got all of them done upto a high standard and i put money on it they took the cars to a drive in wash place straight away

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Great work! Misano is so hard to get the gold fleck to pop, but is so worth it when you achieve it.

Your S3 looks great.

Great work! Misano is so hard to get the gold fleck to pop, but is so worth it when you achieve it.

Your S3 looks great.

thankyou, yeah ive got a few waxes in the garage im going to play around with to see how they react and will see if i can find one to get the right combination

Reactions: SPIKE_
thankyou, yeah ive got a few waxes in the garage im going to play around with to see how they react and will see if i can find one to get the right combination
Please make sure you tell me how you get on with your waxes. I'm about to try Bouncers Satsuma Rock wax for the first time! I did have Navi Wax Ultimate last year which did show up the fleck really well when the sun came out.

Please make sure you tell me how you get on with your waxes. I'm about to try Bouncers Satsuma Rock wax for the first time! I did have Navi Wax Ultimate last year which did show up the fleck really well when the sun came out.

yeah will do, Ive tired Auto finese Illusion on one side and concours red on the other. Back ive tried just so detailing spray. Sun started to come out but i sometimes waxes are actually better for the following day,

another Afternoon working on the car today.
I cleaned all the leather seats, the then added some protection. I love the interior but its going to be fine because its mostly me in the car but having that colour interior as a family car, no way.

Machine polished the roof

I polished some scratches out of the doors surrounds where people have scratched the paint getting into the car. then added some wax.

Fitted my dashcams from and rear from my R32.

as i was doing this noticed a bit of plastic missing, could someone just check it should be there on their car. I would if the cleaning guy did it.

Took all four wheels off the car to be cleaned and then sealed, why i was there noticed the hubs looked tired, so i painted those black and sealed the wheels

Going to order myself some lovely glossy black bits... fancy a grill swap and i need that rear diffuser to match

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, Pook, Scottyg and 2 others
Wow, looking stunning. Agree that gloss black really suits Misano Red....get it done. You have done a great job :respekt:

Wow, looking stunning. Agree that gloss black really suits Misano Red....get it done. You have done a great job :respekt:

thanks, yeah i think the black will work better with the red. Not sure im looking forward to taking the bumper off though. ive been reading some threads on it and doesnt look too bad, although with me I always end up with a problem lol

Picked my S3 up this morning and drove her back, dealer had cleaned her but after seeing the man in the showroom clean the R8 i thought i'd put her under some lights just to see how bad she was. Lucky at 13000miles I havent got too a big a job with just some light swirls over the paintwork so i decided before waxing her i'd correct the paintwork and follow up with some wax.

After corrected quite a few cars before as a side hobby and did quite a few fellow forum memebers on a R32 forum and then through word of mouth.

as you can see nothing too bad, and maybe one or two stone chips over the car and the audi dealer is going to send me a touch up stick in the post and i'll fix those too.

afraid the sun wasnt really out, but under the light she kind of changes colour to a tango orange. wheels need a clean and im going to seal them.

I want to also clean and then protect the leather seats even though the dealer has done it.
exhaust tips are my only worry, got some wire wool on them and metal polish and they have come up much better but i guess i'll need some tips on there at some stage

bonnet was pretty bad...

sun wasnt coming out for me...

exhaust tips cleaned up, will have another go tomorrow... not even sure a wire brush on a dremel tye thing will do anything to these

then the sun came out for a while, well it was late in the day

@robps3 - S3 saloon looks fab buddy. Great turnaround :thumbs up:
Love misano red just cant understand why Audi dropped it on the FL A3/S3's TBH :think:
On reds, I'm a great fan of Vic's Concours red wax too :thumbs up:

Great work, what products/pads did you use?

Used a hex pad (orange) & then (white) with Megs 105 + 205. it was pretty light swirling in most places luckly so didnt need anything to aggressive.

not sure which wax is winning at the moment