Misano Red Paint flaking again.

BrianM

BrianM
Reaction score
Bought my Misano Red S Line Sportback ex demo from dealer last August and shortly after the lacquer on the front bumper started to peel. Audi Huntingdon very kindly sorted it under warranty and also repainted the rear bumper as the match was poor. However I now notice exactly the same thing is happening again so another trip to dealer is in order. Could this be a result of chipped paint then being lifted by the jetwash pressure. I have never had this on a car before so I feel it must be defective paint? Any thoughts or similar experiences anyone? I know i'm not the only one to have this problem but it seems to be only the Misano Red colour.

I know Beddie's is booked in to get his front bumper done after we get back from the ring.. Started to peel like yours, mines ok for now.

Yeah, as Curley has said my front bumper has started to lose lacquer in a couple of places..

The lacquer on the bottom edge underneath the chrome grill surround has started to 'bubble' and peel along the entire length of the grill and a piece about the size of a 5p coin has come away from just beneath the headlight,

Not too bothered at the moment tbh as the front bumper had a few stone chips anyway and i've managed to talk the dealer into doing the work in 5 weeks when i return from the 'Ring to save a freshly painted bumper getting chipped to death at Autobahn speeds...:cool:

After reading through a few old threads on here it does seem however that Misano red in particular suffers from this problem!, i'll be keeping an eagle eye on the new bumper and the rest of the car for any more peeling that's for sure...

Mine is the same- front bumper is losing laquer all over it! Im waiting for Newtron abbot audi to book it in- three weeks so far and it has been a really battle to get them to admit it is a warrenty issue!