Misaligned Window regulator

Tee willz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently new to the forum. I own an Audi A4 cabriolet B6 and recently I had the driver side glass smashed, prior to that the window regulator had broken as well. I found some useful posts which allowed me to change the regulator (thank you). However the guy from auto windscreen arrived yesterday with my new glass to install, after many phone calls and issues he was unable to fit the glass and stated that the regulator was not aligned properly and couldn't even leave the glass in the door as the glass apparently sat too far back (towards the inside of car) and he couldn't close the door with the glass in.

Basically my question is. Is it even possibly to misalign a regulator? As far as I can see it fits and sits perfectly in its slot then is bolted from the bottom, side and upper right?

I, myself stripped the panel again this morning to fit the glass and the hole positioned on the right of the glass doesn't even line up with the bracket/ glass holder clip on the regulator. It's about 1-1.5" to far to the right. So before I call up auto windscreen and give then a round of F***s I wanted to ensure it is actually the hole placement/ incorrect glass rather than the regulator.

Thank you in advance.

They may have supplied a saloon glass rather than cabriolet one.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You'd think given they had the make and model along with the registration they would be able to match up with no mistakes.

The glass does look like for like compared to the images I have seen online of the glass. Although I do know a regulator for a hardtop is attached to the glass as it's removed from the vehicle so guessing it would still have that hole placement.