Mirrors

Detailer dave

Reaction score
hi everyone can someone please help.

Today I noticed my passenger wing mirror does not dip when I am in reverse ie to see curb
Do I need to do something to activate it I have electric heated and folding mirrors on my s-line

Thanks everyone

Set the mirror adjustment to the left position, that'll do it

You'll have to move it into position the first time you use it - with the mirror selector on the left side. After that, it'll return to that position automatically when you select reverse - but only if the mirror selector is on the left side.

I sort of agree, but i don't think the behaviour is intuative. The brochure says the mirror dips when you engage first gear, so you rather expect it to do that. For it only to work with the control in one particular position isn't obvious.

Every now and then mine looks like its stopped working but its actually just forgotten its dipped position...maybe 3 times in the last 2 years.

RichT

Ditto! Why don't Audi just make them dip irrespective of the switch?
Because when you reverse into a space with the mirror dipped you then might want to use it in its normal position to check for traffic when you're ready to pull out again, but it doesn't return to normal until you exceed 15mph going forward.