Mirror heating problem

totyi726

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a problem with both mirror heating. I measured, and i don't have 12V on them. I saw, that they are on the same fuse with front window washer heating, but there I have the 12V. In the wiring map, the mirror heating is written as optional.

Should this function being enabled in the head modul? If yes, how? Or the problem is maybe somewhere else?

Check continuity in the cables from the multiplug to the actual mirror glass

Reactions: MPH
I believe it is standard, however I am sure they are only activated when the car identifies its under 5 degrees temperature.

Reactions: MPH
Some mirrors on the early models are on all the time hence the burnout, audi changed this to a thermistor that activates the mirror at a certain temp thus saving premature failure are have also read some are active on rear heated window switch and also the electric mirror switch being in a certain position thats all im aware of hope this is helpful in some way.

Mine are paralleled with the heated rear window , only on , when that's on .. dont think the full 12 is fed to them , voltmeter showed less, but , both work and have the thermistor , on the rear of the glass , limited fit to 8L series ,
must be a fair wattage, mirrors steam on a cold morning

not sure on the mirror select switch , driver door side ? thought that was only to select the remote adjust ?

Right , mine are definitely linked to the rear heater , which has a duration timer ..also on the cct are screen wash heater's ..no idea if there fitted , or where located to check ?

My old 97 a3 has heated washers as standard dont think they work though! going to swap them out soon for tt fan jets! my mirrors just work on the thermistor alone now but before that they were just always on winter summer then eventually burn out so swapped them out for the thermistor version so just come on around 3 to 5 degrees.

Thanks for the advices, but none of them worked. I tried with every button, the temperature was about 0 degree at the moment, checked if there is some damage in the cables from multiplug on the mirror side, but didn't find anything.
This one is 2001 facelift. I heard from others the same, that it turn on automatically under 5 degrees or maybe turn on with the rear window heating.

Does anybody know if this function need anything else for working, like other fuse, or have to enable it in the control modul?

Thanks for the advices, but none of them worked. I tried with every button, the temperature was about 0 degree at the moment, checked if there is some damage in the cables from multiplug on the mirror side, but didn't find anything.
This one is 2001 facelift. I heard from others the same, that it turn on automatically under 5 degrees or maybe turn on with the rear window heating.

Does anybody know if this function need anything else for working, like other fuse, or have to enable it in the control modul?
Does your mirror have the thermistor on the back? Have you removed the mirror physically and done a continuity test with a multimeter? On the mirror glass only.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I checked the continuity from the multiplug at the door, and earlier also only on the glass. It was okay. The mirror has thermistor on the back, and it is connencted to the cables.