Mirror dipping and correct badge layout questions

Jonahjones26

Hi guys

sorry about more questions I have done a search and can't find what I am looking for.

I have factory fitted reverse sensors ( I believe ?) but when I reverse the passenger side wing mirror dipped automatically but now it doesn't and I can't find a way to get it working again? ( sensors work fine )???

also the previous owner put a silly s4 badge on but due to some scratches where the original badges were I will revert back to standard. I have already ordered the A4 badge. But I do not know what goes on the other side I.e 1.8T then s line badge under???
I have a 1.8T (190) s line btw. Any pics appreciated

thankyou

quattrojames

Staff member
Remind me whether yours is a saloon or avant? I have a diagram like this for both. I think I'm correct in saying S-Lines don't have a rear S-Line badge as standard.

Badge1.jpg

badge2.jpg

Jonahjones26

After hours of searching the Internet I have fount that I have to turn the wing mirror selector to the left ( passenger side ) and when revering it will auto dip … phew!

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Never herd of this mirror dipping feature before, mine has factory sensors all around and doesnt do this....Is mine broken?

Ryan

RyanJonS4

Does everybody elses mirrors dip automatically?

troopa

What other options do you have on your car? Folding mirrors?
Your mirror adjuster needs to be selected to your drivers/passenger mirror for the auto tilt to work i believe.

kite

VCDS Map User
I also believe you need electric seats with memory for the dipping mirror to work.

troopa

I also believe you need electric seats with memory for the dipping mirror to work.
I have also read this, however he did state he had the mirror tilt working! So im thinking he may have moved the mirror toggle to centre.

RyanJonS4

I have electric mirrors but they dont fold, and I have electric seats but they dont have memory!

Ahh well.....at least it isnt broken again :)

Ryan