Mirror Dip without Memory Seats

Munteanoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This may have been asked and answered in the past, but i have been searching for a couple of days and i cant seem to find anything useful.
I have a 2007 A4 B7, no electric rear windows, no folding mirrors and no memory seats. My question is, can i code my passenger side mirror to dip when reversing, like literally every other VAG Group car does?

Attachments

• audi.jpg
    audi.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 263
Think the answer is unfortunately no. It needs the memory module to store the dip value. I had folding mirrors on my b7 S4 and still no mirror dip as I didn't have memory seats.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Coding no. But it can be done with some wiring and an Arduino.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Not sure it's really worth all the hassle for the function it provides.

Not sure it's really worth all the hassle for the function it provides.
Actually one of best features given that my work place parking lot is tight.
But I only did it as an extra when I did the Auto folding mirrors

but whatever happened to driver skill , all these driver assistance gadgets just remove driver skills and people become reliant on the car doing the driving instead of the driver doing the driving, just my input .

Reactions: Donfero
but whatever happened to driver skill , all these driver assistance gadgets just remove driver skills and people become reliant on the car doing the driving instead of the driver doing the driving, just my input .
Absolutely so true!! I can't reverse park without the camera anymore!!

Time to switch it off then chap and regain some lost reversing skills.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Donfero
I like the idea of the memory dip function, but i find it a pain in the backside when i drive cars at work that actually have it fitted, i always find myself having to tilt the morrors back up to see where im going

Reactions: Charlie Farley
What about folding mirrors on locking the car? I have power folding mirrors, is this possible with the B7?

What about folding mirrors on locking the car? I have power folding mirrors, is this possible with the B7?

I think someone did that once but using some kind of aftermarket equipment to allow it to work. It cant be be done via coding as b7s never came with the lock/fold function

Reactions: Chrismawa and Donfero
Any chance you could send me the details mate? I'd love to sort this for mine.
Sorry for the late reply, caught up in work. Yes sure i can send you the details.

Did it using an Arduino. Not easy but worth it.

Reactions: Chrismawa
Hi All,
Im sorry for the late reply. Here is a basic wiring schematic of the whole concept, and also how to wire the relay module.
Now you have to have some basic electric background to do this, and some basic Arduino knowledge.
You have to note the following;

1- All the Arduino inputs ARE 5 volts, so every wire going into the Arduino must be converted from 12v to 5v DC.
2- Arduino is also powered by 5volts.
3- You can use a 10amp H-bridge instead of the Relay Module.
4- Motors have no polarity, depending on which wire is power and which is gnd the motor will turn clockwise or counterclockwise.
5- I'm available for any questions.

Attachments

• deviatore_schema_funzionamento.jpg
    deviatore_schema_funzionamento.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Folding.jpg
    Folding.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 169