Facelift Mirror dip without folding mirrors?

HertS3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know it's been discussed before, but can we have a definitive answer...

My friend has a FL S3 without folding mirrors and I wanted to know if it's possible to program it to dip when reversing.

TIA

Yes, you can program it to dip on reverse. But it may or may not return to the correct position when you go forward.

Reactions: HertS3
mine only dips if mirror is set to the passengers side and only comes back up if moved away from the passengers side.

Hi all,

I know it's been discussed before, but can we have a definitive answer...

My friend has a FL S3 without folding mirrors and I wanted to know if it's possible to program it to dip when reversing.

TIA

I’ve just done this using carista beta, the mirror will dip and return when passing 10mph or switching the dial back to the middle

It’s not 100% reliable as it doesn’t return to the original posistion. Sometimes very close sometimes about 10% out. If you have memory seats it will return to the original posistion

That's fine, that's how mine works too (PFL).

@Toonsoldier91 how do you get the beta version? I guess this is something they're still ironing out then?

That's fine, that's how mine works too (PFL).

@Toonsoldier91 how do you get the beta version? I guess this is something they're still ironing out then?

Mines pfl too mate. Also enabled the reverse sensor visual display only available on beta testing.

I contacted carista about the parking visual and they just offered me the beta testing. Only lasts a month. They send you a email with a link etc. Then you have to go onto the app and buy something that would nornally cost, I can vouch for them that it never takes money form your account, pop them a email and ask if you can be in the better testing as I’m sure they’ll happily give you a month

AC57271D 944D 458C B6BE CE6A7C562EF5

I’ve just done this using carista beta, the mirror will dip and return when passing 10mph or switching the dial back to the middle

It’s not 100% reliable as it doesn’t return to the original posistion. Sometimes very close sometimes about 10% out. If you have memory seats it will return to the original posistion
Memory seats are not an option on 8V’s.

Usage and compatibility depends on which door modules you have, example my old PFL 2014 had zero issues and worked perfectly during the 2 years I owned it. Fast forward to a 2019 car I tested last week and the feature would not even code. Yesterday I activated a 2014 during a cruise control retrofit and the mirror never returns to its original position while the ignition is on but will when the ignition is off.

Memory seats are not an option on 8V’s.

Usage and compatibility depends on which door modules you have, example my old PFL 2014 had zero issues and worked perfectly during the 2 years I owned it. Fast forward to a 2019 car I tested last week and the feature would not even code. Yesterday I activated a 2014 during a cruise control retrofit and the mirror never returns to its original position while the ignition is on but will when the ignition is off.

That’s just what the carista guy told me. Are door modules plug and play or would coding be needed ?? My door card needs to come off as the central locking is making a weird noise when unlocking. Guessing the solonoid is starting to fail so I wanna replace it before it gets that far

I was giving them feed back for 2 solid moths and still they are saying this lol. Bet they still have “refuel quality” listed as an 8V mod also :)

I’m not 100% but I’m sure I did see that option.

I only bought it originally to reset the inspection service. So them 2 small mods have made me happier as they were foc

Guess it’s like most things handy for something

Reactions: DJAlix
I’ve activated mine just a few days ago. In VCDS go to the door electronics and you’ll find it in the long coding helper.

Note that it does return to its original position, slightly off by 10%.

Pleased to report that we just enabled mirror dip on reverse on my friend's FL S3 through Carista :)

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get the driver's side wing mirror to dip on a FL S3? Cheers.

I have a FL S3 with folding wing mirrors and the passenger wing mirror dips on reverse. I was thinking that in Europe their passenger wing mirror must dip and that's our drivers side wing mirror?

That is correct, however lhd cars will possibly have a different door module, so you would probably need one in order to be able to do this.

Reactions: Pops&Bangs
That is correct, however lhd cars will possibly have a different door module, so you would probably need one in order to be able to do this.
Actually the door modules are the same for LHD and RHD cars, one part number is always installed at the left side and the other part number always at the righ. RHD cars only have a "RHD car" bit set on its coding and it can be changed through VCDS and other software. What makes impossible for the driver side mirror to dip is that its glass adjustment motor doesn't have the position memory feature, which is necessary for it to return to original position. As far as I know, factory installs memory feature only for the passenger side mirror.

I have a March 2019 saloon and tried to add the dipping passenger mirror option with THQuattro the other week. In Carista the option appeared but didn't work when activated, with VCDS it was greyed out, and the issue seemed to be more to do with actually connectiing to the car....I'm not sure exactly, I was just watching THQuattro....
Does anybody know if anything has changed with the MY19?

Cheers

I have a March 2019 saloon and tried to add the dipping passenger mirror option with THQuattro the other week. In Carista the option appeared but didn't work when activated, with VCDS it was greyed out, and the issue seemed to be more to do with actually connectiing to the car....I'm not sure exactly, I was just watching THQuattro....
Does anybody know if anything has changed with the MY19?

Cheers
Dipping mirror works on my July 19 A3 Saloon . They where already activated when I bought it from a main dealer in January. It does have folding mirrors but no tech pack.

edit Have you got the mirror dial on nearside mirror? It does not dip if you have it on the offside etc.

Hi, has anyone done a folding mirror retrofit, I have OBDeleven but don’t know if my door modules need to be changed. I don’t want to order the parts and not work

also is there any way to get the memory function for the mirror dip, I’ve coded it in but like most of you it doesn’t go to the original position babe bugs me

i have a 2014 S3 Saloon

I've got an S4 and coding dipping mirror on reverse to non-folding mirrors does the same thing (stays a bit lower than original position), must just be the way it is without the correct mirrors