1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Mirror Dip when Reversing

V6Tom Jul 10, 2019

1. V6Tom

V6Tom Active Member VCDS Map User

Good afternoon Gents,

My friend has a A6 C7 and I was tyring to code dipping mirrors in reverse.
    Cant find it in his cars moduels. as they show up blank in VCDS
    Can someone tell me the proper codeing proceedure?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Spiedhermonkey

Spiedhermonkey Active Member VCDS Map User

Was it an optional extra, the mirror tilt on reverse? In mine, you just turn the window dial to the passenger side, put it into reverse and set it to the angle you want when reversing. Then take it back out of reverse but keep the dial turned toward the passenger mirror and when you re-engage reverse, it automatically returns to the position you previously set it to. I thought it was standard.

4. mickyh7

mickyh7 Guest

Bit of a carry on all of that !

5. Spiedhermonkey

Not really. Takes longer to read it than to actually do it.

6. Richard46

Richard46 Registered User

In fact once the up and down positions are set the first time using the mirror tilt involves no actions at all*. Invaluable little trick if you have to park on narrow roads every day.

*just keep the mirror control in the nearside position.

k3vkr, fingermouse and mickyh7 like this.
  7. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

Use mine every day when parking the car up against the fence. Handy little feature

8. gary3306

gary3306 Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I've never checked to see if mine has this? I'm not a fan of it because of how my Range Rover behaved with it; every time you reversed then came out of reverse, the mirrors would come back up, but not quite as high as they were. After about 7 or 8 manoeuvres, I'd have to manually adjust the mirrors again back to a usable setting. Turned it off in the end. I imagine the Audi set up will be better though

9. Spiedhermonkey

Seems to remember the previous setting without issue on mine and I’ve had it engaged for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gary3306 likes this.
  10. Slackworth

Slackworth Registered User

I found it on Google (it might even be in the VCDS tricks thread in this very forum).

I ended up disabling it again on mine though as for some reason, when putting the car back into drive, the mirror would return from being dipped but wasn't going back to it's original location - where it went was sometimes interesting too!!

gary3306 likes this.