Mini Review - Turtle Wax Hybrid Sealant Hydrophobic Wax

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Mini review as promised

Being a sucker for a bargain I'm always on the look out for something new & cheap in car Detailing
lol
Always been a believer you don't have to spend a fortune on Detailing products to get a fab finish

So I've ordered some of this (ended up with 2 as it happens) lol

turtle-wax-inside-out-protectant-2.jpg

TURTLE WAX HYBRID SEALANT HYDROPHOBIC WAX
£5.12 delivered from CarParts4Less
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...MI6LLyzsPQ4gIVzbztCh2P0g6TEAQYASABEgIZlfD_BwE

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-gb/our-products/hybrid/turtle-wax-hybrid-sealant-hydrophobic-wax/

Goes by the name - Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine in the US of A & Canada

A few on here think John from Forensic Detailing knows his stuff & even he thinks its good too
Looking like its going to be my 'go to' product for the Avant

Ever increasing thread on DW too
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=414366

Gave the Avant a little going over today
VP CPW pre-wash
Wash with CarChem's 1900:1 shampoo & dried off

1 coat of the the Turtle Wax Hybrid Sealant Hydrophobic Wax applied
1 spray per panel applied in straight lines then buffed off in a circular motion
After 3 panels buffed again with plush buffing MF

Tyres dressed with Megs endurance tyre gel

The Avant was 'naked'. It had nothing on the paintwork so I was interested to see how this product faired

I was amazed how slick it was & the shine was amazing for a product that cost me a fiver delivered

A few pic's -
(Before tyres were dressed)

33qwHsul.jpg

N7C1WmRl.jpg

P6YYM3dl.jpg

LjZjkmVl.jpg

kZjXpwJl.jpg

G1XvauSl.jpg

HKQFwbwl.jpg

Going to my 'go to' for the Avant for the time being

I don't think I'll have to wait to long to see the water behavior with this product lol

Thanks for looking

Reactions: Moon, RobbieWebs, Paddyposh and 10 others
Good to see a cheap product that works.
I was in my local post office today and they had one litre bottles of car shampoo for £1.99, i have never heard of the make but my TJ,s bottles and labels come to about that before the product.

Reactions: Moon, NevMan and Bristle Hound
That looks good

Though I can never find the cleaning products on car parts for less

Reactions: Bristle Hound
That looks good

@Rich76 - Thanks :thumbs up:
The TW product seems to be missing off both eurocarparts & carparts4less for some reason

That looks good

The trick is to find it on ECP and then copy the product code to the Car Parts site. AFAIK they are the same company

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

The trick is to find it on ECP and then copy the product code to the Car Parts site. AFAIK they are the same company

And carparts for less are so much cheaper

Spark plugs for my new car £16 each on ecp plus whatever discount they are offering today
Same plugs on cp4less are £8 each plus the discount!

Mini review as promised

Being a sucker for a bargain I'm always on the look out for something new & cheap in car Detailing
lol
Always been a believer you don't have to spend a fortune on Detailing products to get a fab finish

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...MI6LLyzsPQ4gIVzbztCh2P0g6TEAQYASABEgIZlfD_BwE

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-gb/our-products/hybrid/turtle-wax-hybrid-sealant-hydrophobic-wax/

A few on here think John from Forensic Detailing knows his stuff & even he thinks its good too

VP CPW pre-wash

1 spray per panel applied in straight lines then buffed off in a circular motion

The Avant was 'naked'. It had nothing on the paintwork so I was interested to see how this product faired

I was amazed how slick it was & the shine was amazing for a product that cost me a fiver delivered

A few pic's -

33qwHsul.jpg

N7C1WmRl.jpg

P6YYM3dl.jpg

LjZjkmVl.jpg

kZjXpwJl.jpg

G1XvauSl.jpg

HKQFwbwl.jpg

I don't think I'll have to wait to long to see the water behavior with this product lol

Thanks for looking

What a great shine from Turtle wax!

That's more like it @Bristle Hound you can see a mile off that the car is now getting some love.

Mini review as promised

lol

VP CPW pre-wash

A few pic's -

33qwHsul.jpg

N7C1WmRl.jpg

P6YYM3dl.jpg

LjZjkmVl.jpg

kZjXpwJl.jpg

G1XvauSl.jpg

HKQFwbwl.jpg

Thanks for looking

Avant looking fab BH. It is finally getting the love and care she deserved.

Reactions: THQuattro and Bristle Hound
Good stuff @Bristle Hound
Is that quartz grey?
I may try some as I have that colour

Forget that, it's Monza silver, I just realized from your thread duh!!

Very similar to quartz though

Looks great! Gone up to £11 now, but still not bad price I guess. Fab look

Reactions: RS3 S. and Bristle Hound
@Bristle Hound - great mini review :thumbs up:
On the back of this, I ordered from Amazon and they did 2 500ml bottles for 15 sovs delivered!
The online reviewers are loving this product and to be honest after watching you tubers try to destroy its hydrophobic properties I was sold :)
Will report back here after I have tried it.

@Bristle Hound - great mini review :thumbs up:
On the back of this, I ordered from Amazon and they did 2 500ml bottles for 15 sovs delivered!
The online reviewers are loving this product and to be honest after watching you tubers try to destroy its hydrophobic properties I was sold :)
Will report back here after I have tried it.
@tig202 - Thanks :thumbs up:
I saw that on Amazon. Its about the cheapest I could find around at the mo

More pic's from my preferred photo shoot location :D

P3XKNVml.jpg

zhfYJDwl.jpg

mIIBpQ6l.jpg

wRHl5bK.jpg

IQaIS1xl.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Paddyposh and 1 other person
I’m very impressed with this stuff but make sure you shake it really well and don’t apply too liberally. It won’t do any harm but a light misting is all that’s needed. Gloss isn’t stunning on the Daytona grey (not too surprising) but the effects on my wife’s white polo gti is stunning. Even she noticed !
Brilliant on wheels too (kerbed alloy now repaired you’ll be happy to hear :grinning: )

Attachments

• 71823932-4548-4FCE-B793-6E11E2A9A78D.png
    71823932-4548-4FCE-B793-6E11E2A9A78D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty75, tig202 and NevMan
Top marks here also, used tonight just after rinsing and 1 panel at a time..... stunning gloss effect on a Suzuka grey. Not too much effort to take off but I echo @SiPie , less is more!
IMG 1888

Reactions: Scotty75, Bristle Hound and SiPie
2D8ECF39 5030 4A87 8AC6 FA6BB2351B4C
A light spray and quick buff with Turtlewax yesterday, literally 10 mins
Pic doesn’t do it justice but at least you get a nice reflection of a Shark vacuum cleaner

Reactions: Scotty75, Bristle Hound, josul and 1 other person
Top marks here also, used tonight just after rinsing and 1 panel at a time..... stunning gloss effect on a Suzuka grey. Not too much effort to take off but I echo @SiPie , less is more!View attachment 185625
View attachment 185715 A light spray and quick buff with Turtlewax yesterday, literally 10 mins
Pic doesn’t do it justice but at least you get a nice reflection of a Shark vacuum cleaner
Pleased to see its not just me who thinks this is a fab product
You don't have to spend a fortune to get a great finish
BUT if your chasing near 100% perfection maybe this isn't expensive enough for you ;):D

Reactions: Scotty75, S32B, SiPie and 1 other person
Very interesting thread, was about to take the plunge on bouncers si done and dusted until i seen this. Who would have thought turtle wax would be capable of producing a fantastic detailing spray :):respekt:

Reactions: Scotty75 and Bristle Hound
Ordered a twin pack from Amazon, thanks for the review BH...

So the big question.... does it take the crown from the previous cheap big hitter Sonax BSD ?...

Has anyone tried applying to a wet car? I fear when I try to use it might be in bright sunlight...

I also bought the double pack from Amazon, however, after using it for the first time earlier this week, I found that when buffing the panel after application, it left a waxy smear in places.......do you think this was because I applied too much spray? I did use separate MF cloths for application and buffing.

Very interesting thread, was about to take the plunge on bouncers si done and dusted until i seen this. Who would have thought turtle wax would be capable of producing a fantastic detailing spray :):respekt:
@RobbieWebs - You won't be disappointed in it Robbie
So the big question.... does it take the crown from the previous cheap big hitter Sonax BSD ?...
@Taxboy - Easier to apply than BSD & leaves a slicker finish too
Altho' it doesn't bead as well as BSD from what I've seen
Ordered a twin pack from Amazon, thanks for the review BH...
@cuke2u - No probs
For the money its a fab product IMHO
Has anyone tried applying to a wet car? I fear when I try to use it might be in bright sunlight...
I haven't yet but will be interested to hear from anyone who has
I also bought the double pack from Amazon, however, after using it for the first time earlier this week, I found that when buffing the panel after application, it left a waxy smear in places.......do you think this was because I applied too much spray? I did use separate MF cloths for application and buffing.
@AllanG - Sounds like over application to me buddy
I was spraying once per panel whereas with QD's I normally do 2

Reactions: RobbieWebs, SiPie, Taxboy and 1 other person
I have applied it on a wet car and whilst I was impressed with how it dispelled the remaining moisture, I definitely got better results on a dry car with slight smears in the wet that would not buff out.
It needed a re-wash of the car to clear these.
Possibly something I did wrong or a reaction with a previous product, but I’ll stick to using on a dry car.
Really good product though, if a little lacking in shine on Daytona Grey.
As mentioned earlier, stunning shine on wife’s white car.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, cuke2u and Scotty75
Thanks for the information, unfortunately I have to do mine in full daylight, with no shade. Thus prefer to have the panels damp as any product like this can dry immediately on contact if I am not careful. At least if I rinse with the Raceglaze before, and sometimes I have to do this each panel at a time, the bodywork does cool down a bit. I still have to be very quick though.
Certainly won't be doing it this week, with temperatures due to hit over 31c. If I can get it timed right I really need cloudy weather but none is on the horizon. Plus we have Sahara dust in the air as well...

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I have to do mine in full daylight, with no shade. Thus prefer to have the panels damp as any product like this can dry immediately on contact if I am not careful. At least if I rinse with the Raceglaze before, and sometimes I have to do this each panel at a time, the bodywork does cool down a bit. I still have to be very quick though.
Certainly won't be doing it this week, with temperatures due to hit over 31c. If I can get it timed right I really need cloudy weather but none is on the horizon. Plus we have Sahara dust in the air as well...

I think it was the heat of the bonnet that caused the issues with mine. Although it says ‘can be applied in direct sunlight’, I’d rather not.
Cheers
Si

Reactions: Bristle Hound and cuke2u
About to acquire my 1st DA polisher (cheap version) am I correct in thinking this stuff could be applied after 1 stage pass with sonax perfect finish?

Last edited:
Bottles arrived today so washed, dried then applied. The gloss is great. Goes on like water, easy to buff off. Gonna be my go to product

P4oWQ9z.jpg

qpZzuCT.jpg

shKHynS.jpg

IMG-20191129-134221.jpg

I have one unused and one partially used of these if anyone wants to collect for free...

Bottles arrived today so washed, dried then applied. The gloss is great. Goes on like water, easy to buff off. Gonna be my go to product

P4oWQ9z.jpg

qpZzuCT.jpg

shKHynS.jpg

IMG-20191129-134221.jpg

Just an update, cleaned the car yesterday for the first time since those pics were taken, so just over a month.

Car stayed relatively clean over that month with the exception of the wheels. Lower half of the doors had some stubborn dirt that needed a contact wash, but the top half, you could barely tell.
Car was still beading well, with only a few areas showing signs it was wearing such as the boot. Bonnet and roof were areas that lost little beading ability.

Well pleased with the results, especially at the price it was up for.

Reactions: Moon, SiPie and Bristle Hound
I love it, so easy to use, great on silver paint. I'm not too bothered how long it last as long as it lasts until the next wash. I topped it with Tac Systems Shinee wax this time to give it a bit of bling too. Not sure if that will effect it or not.