Mini Cooper MK1.....

smitch

Reaction score
Got to be sub zero???????

One of the most fun to drive cars i've owned.

Sorry guys, i'm too stoopid to work out how to do a poll. :sorry:

Don't worry about the poll.
The original Mini is cool...unlike this retro-schizzle new thing, that's style over substance.

Now...maybe I should just lock this thread...as there is no way anyone can argue that the original Mini isn't cool?

Ess_Three said:
Don't worry about the poll.
The original Mini is cool...unlike this retro-schizzle new thing, that's style over substance.

Couldn't agree more. :salute:

Ess_Three said:
Now...maybe I should just lock this thread...as there is no way anyone can argue that the original Mini isn't cool?

I don't know. There are plenty here you clearly don't understand what cool is all about. :keule:

Yup, my fun car is still an original mini. (See user name!) Rarely comes out as the weather is not normally deserving of its presence!! Stick to the A4 Avant for normal days!!:icon_thumright:

Yep, cool car. Despite the new MINI's popularity, it still looks massively obese next to the original. And guaranteed, everyone here will have either travelled in one, owned one or knew someone that did!

jojo said:
Italian Job!, what's more to say... :racer:

As above!

I love mini's
vbpgimage.php

Must get some more pics

Mini-mad-matt said:
Yup, my fun car is still an original mini. (See user name!) Rarely comes out as the weather is not normally deserving of its presence!! :

What you got buddy??

Sorry, gets a massive uncool from me... Just not my thing... Not even in it's day would I have classed it as cool...

:tumble:

marmite said:
What you got buddy??

It's a 94 "Sprite" with a 1330 Cooper engine painted in Almond green with an old English White roof. 13" Minilights, Mk1 front end, sat on its pretty little ****.:hubbahubba:

Do you have an email address I could send pics to?

MMM

Ess_Three said:

The original mini isn't cool.

It's sub zero.

If you've ever owned an original Cooper S preferably the 1071cc engine then youll know that it would out perform and handle better than the Lotus Cortina of its day. Fabulous engine and gearbox, had an LSD in mine and it was stunning. Bought it from Keith Ripp of Ripspeed fame before he hit the bigtime, scared a few Anglia drivers in its time.

The coolest car ever made. When I have the £££ for a 2nd car i'll be gettin an original mini!

marmite said:
As above!

I love mini's

if you REALLY loved mini, you would have that badboy on tens!

13's do look good, but they do nothing for the handling at all :(

i dropped my 1380 flame from 6x12's to 6x10's a year ago, and the handling difference was simply amazing!

what engine is in that orange beasty? im guessing itll be something tasty, to have any chance of comparing to the rs6!

Defo cool, but only the original. I've not even driven one TBH (probably have difficulty fitting in easily - not exactly of small build!) but I still prefer the original to the steroidal BMW version.

Prawn said:
if you REALLY loved mini, you would have that badboy on tens!

13's do look good, but they do nothing for the handling at all :(

i dropped my 1380 flame from 6x12's to 6x10's a year ago, and the handling difference was simply amazing!

what engine is in that orange beasty? im guessing itll be something tasty, to have any chance of comparing to the rs6!

I just like the look of the 13's plus it handles very well to me! not tried her on 10's though

Engine is a stage 1 1275 gt engine...BUT I have got a highly moded 1380 going in which should so they say give me about 110 ish bhp

Running massive valves, dcoe, lairy cam and all blue printed, poss get it ready for London To Brighton run

I love driving the Mini and often use it over the RS

I have great hatred for minis, especially the old ones - they're so not cool, They look so ugly too, I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but just expressing my opinion :ermm:

Toxik-Signal said:
I have great hatred for minis, especially the old ones - they're so not cool, They look so ugly too, I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but just expressing my opinion :ermm:

No everyone has there opinion!

my opinion is you should drop that orange beasty onto tens!!!

on a more serious note, i know what you mean about 13's, compared to an audi, its still going to feel like a go kart on the 13's, and they do provide incredible grip. they just dont give the super flicky go kart feel of the ten inch wheels!

Prawn said:
my opinion is you should drop that orange beasty onto tens!!!

on a more serious note, i know what you mean about 13's, compared to an audi, its still going to feel like a go kart on the 13's, and they do provide incredible grip. they just dont give the super flicky go kart feel of the ten inch wheels!

Na going to keep her on the 13's
Playing with the suspension at weekend and hopefully drop the back down a bit

Went to ACE Cafe tonight for a little mini meet was a good night, some really nice minis there tonight....cold though

If it's a later car that was designed to run on 12's you have to chang the discs to run on 10's i think anyway.

The beauty of the Mini is that you can wildly customise it any which way you like and really personalise them and you don't end up with the same result as every other ******.

I love em!!!

my dad had one,all six foot four sixteen stone of him!
how the hell he crammed into it is beyond me.
sub zero

Well, as others have posted pics of their wee beasties, here's mine.
I agree withe Prawn. It looks good on 13s, but it tramlines like nobodies business, and doesn't handle as well as it could, albeit still like a go-kart. 10s would certainly look good on it, but in order to do so, I'd have to get rid of the sport pack arches (not easy with an inch of wing removed all the away round the wheel arch!), and also spend a fortune on original Cooper S discs. It currently has metro 4 pots on it with vented discs, and let's just say "it stops rather well indeed"

Cheers,

MMM

uber uber cool!
The most cutest car ever made! :wub:

mini.jpg

My First car was a Mini 998. bought it for £50 had to do a bit of work to sort out the rust and the sub frame needed changing. 10 x 6 minilights on drums all round so she stopped like a barge but handled like a go kart. Then i was just about to buy a 1380 engine off a friend to put in it, some cooper s racing disc and caliper set and someone in a 4x4 decided that the light i was stopped at was green instead of red and so that was the end of that(also very painful, my shoulder has hurt everyday since). But still sub zero in my opinion. altho alot of my friends didn't like it but i never listened to them anyway. one day i will buy anouther one for weekends when i have more cash money. sadly at the time i didn't have a digital camera and so never took any pictures of it.
How many people has everyone else got in their mini? as i once managed to get 8 people in mine

dsmclark30v said:
had to do a bit of work to sort out the rust and the sub frame needed changing.

Rust was standard.

i had a '85 ritz, amazin car but sold it last tuesday to make way for a golf