Ming blue S3 2003

Ross8v18

Reaction score
60D03B7D C7AB 47A0 A135 093F5FE90D5F
3A5D14A1 A65D 4607 BB98 6088C0499D43
DD6F5404 AF5B 4DFB 87C5 7A0B3A4A83FA
41C8086A 54AF 42F8 9E1C 33CF98BD77F3
Well I’ve just got it back after 4 weeks, lots of bits done so far and £4000 lighter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asim1, Zans, spiker and 1 other person
Holy **** i bought my s3 for less than that....
75 to check DTC? did they let you keep the vag-com? :friendly wink:

They also charged you twice for "VENTHOSE" plastic thing going from the oil filter bracket maybe?

Holy **** i bought my s3 for less than that....
75 to check DTC? did they let you keep the vag-com? :friendly wink:

They also charged you twice for "VENTHOSE" plastic thing going from the oil filter bracket maybe?
Think it must be a mistake mate, yeah it’s been an expensive job but I’m happy to pay knowing it’s all been done right.

Reactions: Zans
I feel, many S3 owners if they were facing repairs of 3K+ they would be selling their cars!

you also mention ...so far..Blimey how much more are you planning in piling in? I guess it will be enhancements and not more general maintenance spending!

That is a lot of stuff to replace and a big bill . There looks to be some duplication of at least one part in the bill. If you had authorised and expected that kind of bill then I would just be getting them to fully review it to see if they could knock something off. Looking at the parts prices they seem to have bought everything from the main dealers.

I feel, many S3 owners if they were facing repairs of 3K+ they would be selling their cars!

you also mention ...so far..Blimey how much more are you planning in piling in? I guess it will be enhancements and not more general maintenance spending!
Porsche brakes and bilstein coilovers, remap and milltek full system next

That is a lot of stuff to replace and a big bill . There looks to be some duplication of at least one part in the bill. If you had authorised and expected that kind of bill then I would just be getting them to fully review it to see if they could knock something off. Looking at the parts prices they seem to have bought everything from the main dealers.
I expected the bill to be around that price, £75 +vat per hour labour and all genuine Audi parts only used

All new bushes replaced on the car in the next few weeks, then bodywork getting touched up, just a few little marks here and there, and wheels refurbished

Reactions: Asim1
I hope you plan on putting this car in a museum somewhere after! Very clean example.... I'm just curious though, who said you needed to replace all those parts?

I hope you plan on putting this car in a museum somewhere after! Very clean example.... I'm just curious though, who said you needed to replace all those parts?
It’s going in storage mate, I told them to replace everything that’s worn.

Reactions: S3AMJ
there was one near me up in Diggle that was up for about 9-10k if i remember right. about 45k on the clock and pretty much standard.
they do seem to be creeping up in value atm tho, but looking at some of those prices i'm glad i did most of mine myself.

Reactions: Ross8v18
there was one near me up in Diggle that was up for about 9-10k if i remember right. about 45k on the clock and pretty much standard.
they do seem to be creeping up in value atm tho, but looking at some of those prices i'm glad i did most of mine myself.
Interesting you mention that. Its always the genuine low mileage unmolested ones that go for silly money.

I’ll just keep going with the work until the car is perfect, then hide it away for years haha I don’t mind spending the money on it if the works done right.

yeah, a few years [18 or so] back i grabbed a evo 5, my mate at the time dropped 2 sti's and bought a RA mak edition, pumped just shy of 40k into it plus 18k for the car. the list of mods was unbelievable. sold it maybe 3 years later for 15k just to get rid quick. at the time, it was the most viewed evo5 in the country and the pics are still on the mlr website.
modded cars always go for less as you dont really know exactly what has been done to em, most of the heavily modded one's i have seen either go for stupid amounts or get broke for parts to claim back some of the outlay.

there is a beaut on ebay atm, nice yellow one for 10k with the reserve not met. not my kinda modding tho.

mate, thats a shining example of class mods and a great sense of taste *if* your a car show fan.

not.

cant knock it tho, i mean 50k into a stage 3 'BAM' must be worth it xD

Pretty sure that’s got every bodykit bolt on available haha.... nasty nasty nasty. Not sure who would part ways with £10k+ for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure he’s decided what car he wants it to be? It’s got s line badge on the gear knob, rs3 badge on the dash and s3 badges about a million other places. Made back to standard it would make a good clean example, nice Porsche calipers though

Reactions: S3AMJ
I’m not sure he’s decided what car he wants it to be? It’s got s line badge on the gear knob, rs3 badge on the dash and s3 badges about a million other places. Made back to standard it would make a good clean example, nice Porsche calipers though

Yeah I think your right, get rid of the Halfords bolt on stuff. Debadge the lot, he would get a lot more interest. One owner from new and all that. Those days have long gone since max power, etc. I watched the original Fast and Furious the other day....... cringe

Yeah I think your right, get rid of the Halfords bolt on stuff. Debadge the lot, he would get a lot more interest. One owner from new and all that. Those days have long gone since max power, etc. I watched the original Fast and Furious the other day....... cringe

Yeah it was mega as a youngster watching them films but they’re cringey as now haha maybe someone needs to message him and explain in a nice way?

I like that he tried..and made something that he obviously loves. But damn its ugly. I do like the yellow engine cover however