1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Miltek rear box outlet pipe dia info required.

I'm Just Rob. Jul 29, 2020

1. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Evening chaps.
    Just a nice easy one for a change, can anyone advise on the rear silencer outlet pipe diameter on the miltek tfsi exhaust system.
    I'm about to order a resonated system which is supplied with 100mm jet tips which i wont fit, but will transfer over my custom quads but need to know the tube diameter to ensure my quads will fit ok .

any info would be greatfully recieved.

rob

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I'm open to a vgc used one if such a beast exists .

4. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

without removing, mine it looks to be 2.1/4"

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  5. I'm Just Rob.

Thanks chap.:icon thumright:

6. norad97

norad97 Active Member

I have a Milltek exhaust, do you want me to measure the back box outlet dia?

7. I'm Just Rob.

That would be good Richard just in case of any variation in pipe spec from miltek.
    With sygh2k info and yours that will be great, very much a case of measure twice to be super sure.

cheers chaps.

8. norad97

norad97 Active Member

Ok I will get the Vernier caliper on it tomorrow.

9. I'm Just Rob.

:icon thumright:

10. norad97

norad97 Active Member

The best I could get is 2.126 in, as it's difficult to measure, as there is a very small gap between the tip end and the back box,
    I would say 2.1/4 would be about right, as I was laying on the floor under the car.
    Funny I thought it was 2.1/2in system, measured the pipe back from the back box and seemed to be 3in.
    So confusing?