Miltek OPF Delete Downpipe

K44WMY

Reaction score
Hey guys has anybody came across the miltek downpipe on awesome gti website for our rs3s?
Its advertised 3 different variants
Sports cat with opf delete
Decat with opf delete
And a v2 decat with opf delete.

Just wondering if anybody has used or knows anybody that has used?

Be interesting to hear the different with just the sports cat in the DP.

Reactions: Daggerit
Be interesting to hear the different with just the sports cat in the DP.
That was my thoughts as well. I think that a full decat with the RS exhaust system would maybe be a bit loud for me, but with a sports cat it might actually be alright.

Hey guys has anybody came across the miltek downpipe on awesome gti website for our rs3s?
Its advertised 3 different variants
Sports cat with opf delete
Decat with opf delete
And a v2 decat with opf delete.

Just wondering if anybody has used or knows anybody that has used?

I imagine that it'll be relatively similar to the Infinit Performance setup which I believe is just a decat with OPF delete so, specific welding quality aside, they're probably all much of a muchness. The issue is that without some sort of simulator/emulator you're going to have errors flag up at some point as a result so at the moment I don't think the sound benefit outweighs the issues.

And how do you mitigate the CEL that will come with cat-less? L shaped spacer?

Says in the description all variants won’t pass an mot test, ball ache to keep changing cone test time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says in the description all variants won’t pass an mot test, ball ache to keep changing cone test time.

That's my main worry because these things aren't a really easy swap.

Find a friendly mot tester if you can?
I take it with the sports cat version, the only reason their would be a light on is because of the opf delete?

I know someone from South Africa that fitted a L spacer like attached. There is a RS3 on @rogue_performancesa Instagram with decat and deopf running one of those, maybe there is no need for some fancy device like from Infinit Performance...

Attachments

• 1664805803019.png
    1664805803019.png
    773.1 KB · Views: 75
Find a friendly mot tester if you can?
I take it with the sports cat version, the only reason their would be a light on is because of the opf delete?
I'd assume you're right because any tampering with emissions control kit is a fail.

I know someone from South Africa that fitted a L spacer like attached. There is a RS3 on @rogue_performancesa Instagram with decat and deopf running one of those, maybe there is no need for some fancy device like from Infinit Performance...
Billy ran for a fair amount of time before his car threw up all the errors which then couldn't be cleared. I think that it was a few hundred if I remember rightly, so depending how long the Rogue Performance lad has been driving like that might make a difference to him not having any errors yet.

I would be hugely surprised if removing the OPFs didn't flag an error at some point since they're monitored for pressure levels before and after to check how clogged up they are.

Billy ran for a fair amount of time before his car threw up all the errors which then couldn't be cleared. I think that it was a few hundred if I remember rightly, so depending how long the Rogue Performance lad has been driving like that might make a difference to him not having any errors yet.

I would be hugely surprised if removing the OPFs didn't flag an error at some point since they're monitored for pressure levels before and after to check how clogged up they are.
My thought exactly, I have asked how that RS3 is doing right now, a spacer sounds too good to be true...

I have some answers concerning the RS3 from South Africa.

South Africa doesn't get OPF, so that's one less thing to deal with.

Decat and midpipes were custom built , and no CEL so far with the L Spacer...

Last edited:

Maybe the errors on Billy’s car were purely OPF related then? Could be the case I suppose and would explain why the SA car is managing with just the spacer.

Maybe the errors on Billy’s car were purely OPF related then? Could be the case I suppose and would explain why the SA car is managing with just the spacer.

Most probably, hence why we need an OPF bypass device that does smarter stuff than just show less O2 post OPF :disrelieved:

Hasn’t there been a fair few now on YouTube that have done the decat with no problems? Well at least there’s no follow up to video to say there is!

Hasn’t there been a fair few now on YouTube that have done the decat with no problems? Well at least there’s no follow up to video to say there is!

I think it’s probably the latter as it took Billy a good few miles before the errors appeared if I remember rightly. Then he couldn’t clear them until the OPFs were back in I believe.

I think it’s probably the latter as it took Billy a good few miles before the errors appeared if I remember rightly. Then he couldn’t clear them until the OPFs were back in I believe.

IIRC he initially said that all he got was an error/light on dash which he was OK with.................until some (nearly 100?) miles later his car dropped into limp mode

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daggerit
IIRC he initially said that all he got was an error/light on dash which he was OK with.................until some (nearly 100?) miles later his car dropped into limp mode
Yeah, that's in line with what I'm remembering too. And he couldn't then clear things until the OPF was reinstalled.

So are these worth going for or we thinking that they will cause faults?

So are these worth going for or we thinking that they will cause faults?

The only examples from folk on here caused issues as far as I know. I think the issue is as much the OPF pressure readings as the cat and the OBD isn’t active (without the bonnet open) to plug in and fool like previous versions.

All what I’ve heard in forums and Facebook, so don’t have first hand experience.

I am from South Africa as well… they have to run a obd automatic fault clearer to get it to work, the L spacer alone does not do the trick unfortunately :(