Miltek exhaust upgrade

murdozzz

RS6 Avant 04
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone has upgraded there rs6 exhaust to the miltek, Either cat back or cats aswell, If so how does it sound ??
Dont want to spend £800 to spoil the already nice note the v8 makes,
Have been told that the non resonated system is louder, but what kind of louder, boy racer or tvr tuscan, the later being the preffered choice

:idea::kissmyrings:

Get yourself over to RS246.com - nearly everyone has already swapped zorsts over.

having heard someone's red Avant with Milltek cat back + re-map (530bhp) - it sounds like you would hope a large V8 should...

:hubbahubba:

Get yourself over to RS246.com - nearly everyone has already swapped zorsts over.

having heard someone's red Avant with Milltek cat back + re-map (530bhp) - it sounds like you would hope a large V8 should...

:hubbahubba:

Milltek is awesome and a must have on any RS6. It sounds fantastic but you have options of resonated or non-resonated.

A Milltek cat-back and engine remap will get the car up to around 500hp, 530hp is very unlikely unless it's de-catted, custom remapped plus more.....

I have a RS6 with the Milltek catback but although I love the sound, the wife and the neighbours don't.

I'm having the centre boxes changed next week to quieter resonated ones.

But what a machine I love it to bits. Makes my old 2.7t Q sport feel like a slug. I also like the way when you stomp on the loud pedal it just shots through the gears. Suddenly you are travelling a warp speed.

Fabulous

lapman

Milltek is awesome and a must have on any RS6. It sounds fantastic but you have options of resonated or non-resonated.

A Milltek cat-back and engine remap will get the car up to around 500hp, 530hp is very unlikely unless it's de-catted, custom remapped plus more.....

I didn't list all the car's mods. Had a gearbox map, a custrom engine map, gutted DPs and was proven on a RR...

A real 200+ mph car.

That made me laugh! I call it the woo hoo or the angry pedal.

Had the non-resonated pipes replaced with the resonated ones. Not much quieter on the outside, big difference inside from 50mph upwards. much better, no booming.

It's the "not quite as loud pedal" now !

The wife's louder now...

lapman