milltek turbo back on 2.0 tdi

tdi-man

Reaction score
thinking of a complete turbo back system on 2.0 tdi what do people think ?

got new turbo,flywheel and clutch going in this week not going madon the mods on this car spent to much on my mkiv when i had it.just a remap to 190ish will do waas thinking of an exhaust so thought would get the downpipe aswell

You will gain nothing with a new down pipe with a stock turbo. Milltek are very good exhausts but cheapest way to mod your exhaust to get better performance from it would be to just change the backbox for a free flow item from any custom exhaust place costing £100-£200 fitted.

Yeah if you fart in it, lol.

Seriously agree with mikey on this subject everytime it gets discussed, no point in doing the exhaust unless you plan to really uprate the engine with a hybrid turbo & custom map to 220-240 horses aswell, which then a better exhaust system will assist a bit, but if its a status symbol impulse buy to say I have a Turbo Back, then save your money cause it really is pointless, just fit some nice tailpipes & this will give you the same overall effect cause thats all you'll notice different mate, just being honest

I always carry the same opinion on TDI tuning, 3 phases in my eyes.

1. Basic generic remap
2. Custom map & Exhaust
3. Hybrid Turbo, custom map & exhaust.

does it make more of a difference on a petrol compared to a diesel or it much of a muchness?

In my opinion its not a worthless mod,a turbo back system is less restrictive so makes the gasses flow quicker,which is why the turbo spools more efficient=the better spooling down and slightly better responce and lastly because gasses are more free flowing it keeps the turbo temps down and equally should help prolong life of your turbo,the gains might be only 2-3 bhp but in a way of it been better for the turbo etc i would say do it,i had it done on my Giac mapped 150gttdi golf estimated 200bhp and there were big differences as well as mentioned a mapped car is making the turbo work harder so keep temps down as much as possible is advised

Last edited: