Milltek - Res/Non Res Full Res/Full Non Res

just017

Reaction score
Hey guys, in the next week or so i'm going to order a Milltek Exhaust system for mt 2.0TDi, but dont know the ins and outs. I dont want a really loud sounding car after, but dont mind a bit of a nice 'genuine' roar when i put my foot down. Basically nothing that sounds way over the top for what it is, but what will give best performance.

Ive also seen sellers say 'large bore downpipe' and 'hi-flow cat', do these offer an improvement?

Looking on eBay there are 4 types i can see-:
CATBACK NON RES
CATBACK RES
FULL NON RES
FULL RESONATED

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the outcome that i'm looking for?

And finally, i've only been a member here for a short while, and would like to thank everyone who gives there time to help others out, it's been an amazing help with my first Audi!

None of the millteks are loud to be honest even on petrols and on diesels its the same,go for the full non res system,large bore to help with better spooling and less choking from gasses plus also helps keep turbo gas temps down,diesels dont really have a cat on them anyway just a soot cannister and its not illegal or wont fail an mot with it off,get it done mate that and the remap best thing you can do on them you wont be sorry,where you based mate cos someone might do you an offer on them both

sorry to hijack but on a similar subject, what can I do with my common rail (09 plate) 2.0 tdi 140 after a remap to improve performance? it's already remapped and I don't know where to go next - been considering a milltek but really don't know....

None of the millteks are loud to be honest even on petrols and on diesels its the same,go for the full non res system,large bore to help with better spooling and less choking from gasses plus also helps keep turbo gas temps down,diesels dont really have a cat on them anyway just a soot cannister and its not illegal or wont fail an mot with it off,get it done mate that and the remap best thing you can do on them you wont be sorry,where you based mate cos someone might do you an offer on them both

Oright so whats the difference in the four listed above? So i need to go for full non res, would that include the down pipe? And then also buy the large bore pipe to go with it?

Im in Southend, Essex.

Cheers

Full non res, not loud at all just a better sound than standard and almost petrol like on full boost, I've done this mod twice and would do it again without hesitation.

Basically mate if you for a exhaust whats resonated its going to have the cannister on which still chokes the flow of the gases(so leave off)and if you just go cat,cannister back the bit you have just bought will be a smaller bore diameter,so frt part smaller still restricting the flow~ie going from small out of the turbo where needs the warm gases away from quick into a bigger bore after cannister/cat(which you dont need)just go full non-res system mate

cheers for the reply guys. And finally, is eBay cheapest for these?

thanks

maybe but ring the stockist on the sites sponsers also matey