Milltek for S3 *STOLEN*

GNJ_Motorsport

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.gnjmotorsport.com
Could everyone take the time to read this please.

On 6th November we received an order through our online shop for a full turbo back Milltek for an Audi S3 8P 3 door. The customers 'name' was James Stewart. It has now transpired that it was bought with a stolen credit card :(

As some of you may know, where credit cards are concerned, the power is 100% with the user with very little protection for companies unfortunately. I am getting a new system put in on the back of this as the current system is great for protection of customers but I am far from happy they let this slip through the net.

Anyway, if anyone sees a brand new full turbo back resonated Milltek with sports cat for sale for the S3 could they please inform me? Particularly in the London area (the exhaust was delivered to Stockwell) It may well have been stolen to order but you never know.

It is such a shame as 99% of our customers are great people who I have a good laugh with which probably lead to me dropping my guard and being too trusting :(

Reactions: RobinA3
Hi mate sorry to hear this ,surely the police are involved and you have a address ?

Hi mate sorry to hear this ,surely the police are involved and you have a address ?

Have you ever tried to get hold of the Metropolitan Police? :)

I have been advised I will be wasting my time but tomorrows mission is to at least get them to knock on a couple of doors. I have offers to knock their doors down but we will leave that for now while the credit card companies argue the case.

I have spoken to numerous people today in the tuning industry, it has happened to them all at some point and none of them got a penny back, it just made them more aware.

Deliver to billing addresses only? Annoying for some customers, but you have to try and protect yourself (and make things awkward for thieves).

Deliver to billing addresses only? Annoying for some customers, but you have to try and protect yourself (and make things awkward for thieves).

That is the thing mate, the billing address MATCHED the shipping address but my website allowed the order through despite the card address not matching the billing address. This has annoyed me no end as I'm sure you can imagine. It has made me change processing companies.

When I said billing address I meant the card address, I didn't even know they could be different.

They aren't supposed to be, I was of the understanding they couldn't be different or the transaction would be rejected :(

I guess we both learned something today... though you sadly paid a higher price. Hope you get some sort of resolution to this though.

I guess we both learned something today... though you sadly paid a higher price. Hope you get some sort of resolution to this though.

I have been doing some digging tonight and found they aren't new to this kind of thing. Something will be done about it, I'm just not sure what yet. I'm not into making rash decisions :)

Sorry to hear about this. I'll keep an eye out. We also got scammed a few years ago. Same situation, something ordered with a stolen credit card, all the details matched. Good luck getting it sorted.

Sorry to hear about this. I'll keep an eye out. We also got scammed a few years ago. Same situation, something ordered with a stolen credit card, all the details matched. Good luck getting it sorted.

Cheers mate, it is sickening. I've spoke to a lot of people over the past couple of days in the performance parts industry and it seems everyone has been done at some time or other.

Thats never good mate - especially as you placed your trust that the Payment Gateway would do their checks for you, now its you out of pocket though and not them.

I work with Ecommerce sites, Payment Gateways their providers everyday so if you need any advice let me know.

Sorry to hear that but it's better now than later you just have to do manual checks. To try avoid fraud, a lot of people try to take advantages of companies such as your self.

Have you ever tried to get hold of the Metropolitan Police? :)

I have been advised I will be wasting my time but tomorrows mission is to at least get them to knock on a couple of doors. I have offers to knock their doors down but we will leave that for now while the credit card companies argue the case.

I have spoken to numerous people today in the tuning industry, it has happened to them all at some point and none of them got a penny back, it just made them more aware.

that's just shocking... I mean my credit card was cloned last year and I had no idea... that while I got the refund the business suffered the loss... where did I get this idea from my head?! Side of the story I've never heard and it must suck just as bad for the business...