Milltek exhaust

maxdrz400

Reaction score
Hi guys im looking into replacing my standard system as its blowing a lot now from various places, having had a look around it seems like a milltek is the most cost effective route to go.
So im thinking of a non resonated system for an extra bit of noise and 100mm tail pipes but these come in two options, consisting of "jet" tailpipes and "gt100" tailpipes.
Now i think the both look good, but has anybody got any pictures of them on their car to help me decide which ones to go for?
Thanks in advance
Max

Have you been given the price if yes then ring BCS and get a quote from them.

Not officially yet, the cheapest i found was a company called jbs auto designs and they charge £720 with the gt100 tips and £680 for the jet tips, thats the cheapest ive managed to find. Thanks for the headsup il try and give them a call.

My left back box has been blowing since I bought my car 2 years ago, went to Hayward & Scott for quote and the guy told me there's nothing wrong with it but gave me a price of £900 for a custom cart back should I still insist on replacing it, I have to say they have some serious cars there and only heard good things about them. I then went to a local place called Flowtech and even that guy said there's nothing wrong with my exhaust and again quoted me £720 on cat back with Birchill back boxes.
I can only assume this blowing of the left box is only in my imagination but would like to have it done anyway as I would like a more freeflowing / deeper sounding system but it's a lot of money considering I can get some nice Tips for £75 which would add a bit of a deeper sound.
I too looked at the Milltek cat back non res system but heard it's better to go the custom route and pay the little extra as you can have it exactly how you wanted to sound and look.
If you do go for the Milltek then GT100 tips mate!

Here is my old car with 100mm tips on them, I cant really remember if they were Jet or GT though, GT seems to ring a bell though

As above I would have a look at BCS, I currently have a BCS on my new car and I find that it is better in every department, the quality is better with nicer welds, sound wise, they both sound good externally (no cheep tin can noises) but the BCS doesn't drone through the car as much as what the Milltek did. The Milltek is still a good exhaust though and any gripes that I had with mines were only small ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nozrul Islam
Just spoke to Nigel @ BCS now..... Full custom turbo back exhaust, apparently going that route releases 20 BHP which is restricted by the stock system and if that is the case then I'll be going that route and probably won't bother with the Remap because the remap will equate to a total of 250-255 BHP where as just the exhaust will add 20 BHP to the existing 220. Lifetime guarantee on the exhaust and 3 year guarantee on the cat. Only downside is that I have to leave the car with them for about a week, I am in Romford and they are in Merseyside!

Those tips look really good fitted mate!
Nozrul did the quote you a price? Just had a quick read up on an old thread i found with a google search and prople were raving about them.
Unfortunatly their website doesnt list an a4 exhaust, so im guessing they would have to make one up.
As you said the problem is location, im right on the south east coast, dover to be precise and thats quite a journey to make, especially to leave the car there!

I drove up from East Sussex to get a full 200 cell exhaust on the kids B6 S4 and the 5 hour drive home was so much fun with the new system.
I have a Non Res Milltek full system on my RS4 and yes it drones on long journeys but i do not drive it that much so its ok.
But i do actually prefer the BCS system noise and it was 1K less than the Milltek quote i got.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
Thanks mate, im quite keen on the idea now, the problem would be leaving the car there, im away at the moment but il give them a call when im home next week snd see what we can come up with.

What did they quote you stanningtonglen? I was going to go down the custom route, as i was hoping would be cheaper but was quoted about 50quid more than a milltek, and if im paying that sort of money, i would personally stick with tried and tested brands.

What did they quote you stanningtonglen? I was going to go down the custom route, as i was hoping would be cheaper but was quoted about 50quid more than a milltek, and if im paying that sort of money, i would personally stick with tried and tested brands.

Hi Max,.
Turbo back de-cat dual ex, 3" £1098.65 which is what im going for or £1274.15 with sports cat.
This will be the 5th one they have done since i started driving

Reactions: maxdrz400
Hi Max,.
Turbo back de-cat dual ex, 3" £1098.65 which is what im going for or £1274.15 with sports cat.
This will be the 5th one they have done since i started driving
Yeah thats about what i got quoted, maybe im just tight but i think its a lot for just an exhaust.

Yeah thats about what i got quoted, maybe im just tight but i think its a lot for just an exhaust.
My exhaust is now blowing and yep it does seem a lot , but looking at the price of a milltek or even a new oem its quite reasonably priced and i know the quality of the build is second to none, the last on they did for was a 2.5^ [i think] for my MGZT and that was in 2005 at £700 dual exit.
Had quote of £900 for a 2.7 inch from howleys