Milltek Exhaust Tips

MFM

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the inside of the exhaust tips clean and shiny?

I spent half an hour yesterday with a drill attachment and some Autosol metal polish to get them clean, and ruined a work shirt in the process. Lol.

But this morning, they;re all black and mucky again.

Sounds like a daily clean is needed (fXck that)

maybe swap them out for the black ovals??

Sounds like a daily clean is needed (fXck that)

maybe swap them out for the black ovals??
I actually like the chrome ones, but wonder why they have a bevelled edge when it's so hard to keep them clean!

Reactions: xpoweruk
They were nice and shiny yesterday, now look at them.

20150527 104419

Reactions: xpoweruk
The S4 does kick out a fair amount of unburnt fuel through the exhaust, especially when tuned. I love shiny exhaust tips as much as the next OCD man, but I'm now running black ovals on my Milltek for that reason, and that it actually sounds better that way.

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
The S4 does kick out a fair amount of unburnt fuel through the exhaust, especially when tuned. I love shiny exhaust tips as much as the next OCD man, but I'm now running black ovals on my Milltek for that reason, and that it actually sounds better that way.

Weird that, I also have a "dark blue" S4 with nice black ovals, at just over two years old it came Audi Approved with a "sports" exhaust - still bog standard apart from that! I used the "free" 7 day insurance from Audi - but later discovered that Audi insurance will not touch a car with a non standard exhaust!