Milltek Exhaust S3

MeldyS3

Reaction score
Folks,

Been searching for info on milltek exhausts on here for a while but can't find the answers i'm looking for - youtube clips dont really convince me either.

I'm after some advice on the sound omitted from both the resonated and non resonated cat back systems for the S3 - i'm pretty much set on the non-res but i'm not wanting something to intrusive on everyday driving that will ruin the car. just looking for something a bit more boomy and louder on full chat. I've heard the resonated is pretty much the same as the standard set up.

My previous motor was a STi with a Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust so i know what loud is and i'm certainly not wanted anything like that - just a bit more sporty.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Kev

Well i've got a non-res TBE Milltek.... and its spot on. Just driven 1000 miles to luxembourg to see some family not a headache in sight.

The tunnels are awesome!!

Go for non-res if i were you. mine is quiet when driving normally. quite loud when going for it.

Also i'd go for full TBE not catback. I picked up my Full Milltek for £500 second hand in mint condition less than a month old.

Hi mate I have a milltek resonated system with a sports cat going slot cheaper than list price as it has only been on the car for 1000 miles and in the classifieds it has a link to my build thread which has YouTube videos of the resonated system driving by and in the car. I thought it was loud enough for a quick blast and everyday driving quiet enough to not give you a headache. Any way if you look in the classifieds it's there just thought I'd give you a option.

Hope you get the exhaust you want.

The two systems aren't really different in terms of volume, but the non-res is deeper/burblier (is that a word) on idle and at low revs. It's not intrusive though, even when pushing on.

I've had both types fitted previously.

Recently had a resonated full system fitted to compliment the new ITG quiet intake system and have to say the car sounds pretty much stock, a little louder and harder sounding on full throttle but around town and motorway cruising very refined. From reading your original post I would suggest you go for non res as you will then get the sound differential you are craving, mine is on the quiet side but exactly what I asked for as I'm going for a stealth like fast S3 this time around, especialy now I have my manic, screaming S2000 for my noise fix.

The quality seems spot on and performance gains very clear, well worth it, you will pay around £750 for a nearly new one.