Milltek Exhaust now available

5pot

Favouritism
Reaction score
http://millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=1554

IMG 3316
IMG 3317

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Thundercliffe81, h1r4 and 2 others
Yeah, these have been up for a while now! Just no idea on the cost. I'm assuming as well that there's no differences between the saloon and Avant as it doesn't specify?

I'm linking the look of the titanium tips (not the burnt ones...)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I like the titanium tips but would the Matt finish look unloved to the eye when fitted

Reactions: Daggerit
Yea I like the titanium tips but would the Matt finish look unloved to the eye when fitted

I know what you mean... I think that they'd still be my first choice and I'd just buy new tips if I really thought they looked dirty all the time. :)

Shame there's no prices, should we start a poll? I'm going with £900 for a resonated system. Haha.

I know what you mean... I think that they'd still be my first choice and I'd just buy new tips if I really thought they looked dirty all the time. :)

Shame there's no prices, should we start a poll? I'm going with £900 for a resonated system. Haha.
Lol no chance!

Lol no chance!

So yeah, looks like I was way out. Lol. In my defence, my last car was only £800 for a Milltek cat back. :)

If the B8 versions are anything to go by then it looks like a £1600-1800 exhaust. Dammit that's expensive!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
So it turns out the B8 wasn't anything to go by.

Just had a reply from a nice man at ADS Automotive who gave me a price for the system at the moment.

Wait for it.

£2512.16!!!

Ouch, really didn't think that it would be that much... Might have to start saving. For a long time. Bonus though, free fitting he said! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

What that's rediculous it's not an akra

Reactions: 5pot, Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
Yeah, that's seriously expensive. I wonder how the Akra would compare...

Prob around 3k but I'd hazard a much better exhaust and would hold its money much better. No way I'd pay 2.5k for a miltek.
I'd go some sort of custom first

Reactions: Daggerit and Thundercliffe81
Prob around 3k but I'd hazard a much better exhaust and would hold its money much better. No way I'd pay 2.5k for a miltek.
I'd go some sort of custom first

I was actually just thinking that I could probably just get a centre silencer removed and it would sound a little bit louder and that would do me...

That's a crazy amount of money for an exhaust.

That said, the Akra Titanium systems seem to be about 3x the price of the Milltek systems for a given setup so think that might be a little more out of my price range. Haha.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81
I'll be going custom when I get mine. Decat downpipes first :smilingimp:

I was thinking of removing the secondary cats and sticking some sports cats in place of the main ones actually. I imagine if I was doing that I'd change them first to see what it sounded like as from past experience that makes a big difference to the exhaust volume...

£2.5k!!!! Wow, I'll take two!

To be fair the sound of the stock system is good enough for me, oval tailpipes would be a nice touch though

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
£2.5k!!!! Wow, I'll take two!

To be fair the sound of the stock system is good enough for me, oval tailpipes would be a nice touch though

Yeah, I'm thinking if I can fiddle with the cats then that will probably actually give enough noise. Not that the standard noise is bad, just fancy a little more theatre I think.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef
Is there no sports exhaust option from Audi?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Yeah, I'm thinking if I can fiddle with the cats then that will probably actually give enough noise. Not that the standard noise is bad, just fancy a little more theatre I think.

All these cars on pcp yeah? What do you do when trading in or returning? Especially the guys deleting resonators etc.

I've traded in a few cars with non-standard bits on them while on PCP and I've never had an issue. Plus, if I'm going the custom route then I'd get a flange stuck on the old section to allow for it being refit.

I've traded in a few cars with non-standard bits on them while on PCP and I've never had an issue. Plus, if I'm going the custom route then I'd get a flange stuck on the old section to allow for it being refit.

Good to know. Cheers bud

Current setup the secondary cats are part of the primary downpipe. You'll have to chop up your exhaust to remove them. See pic

IMG 3165

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Might just have to go the route of chopping them out and putting some flanges on then.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
The Non-Resonated system with Titanium GT100 Tailpipes
£2125.00

The Non-Resonated system with Polished Oval Tailpipes
£2015.00

Cool, where is that from?

The one I was looking at was the resonated version so would be a bit more expensive.

I take it you sent them an email as the S4 B9 option isn't up on their site yet as far as I can see?

Strange that Milltek say it's a catback but it has downpipes too so it's actually a turbo back system. No option to order downpipes separately

AwesomeGTI

Just been chatting to Awesome GTI and you're totally right about them being cheaper. But they gave me an even lower price again...

They said £1429 - £1700 plus £12.99 delivery in the live chat, which is quite a lot cheaper! Also said that there's three different systems - resonated, non-resonated and also a 'road plus' that is somewhere in between and has a louder resonator. Plus all the different tips.

Looking a little more reasonable.

EDIT: Awesome GTI have just corrected themselves and quoted £2,500 as well. The cheaper price is for the non-valved system that is going to be released in the future... DAMMIT!

Reactions: 5pot
Might just have to go the route of chopping them out and putting some flanges on then.
That's what I'm thinking there's a lovely straight and horizontal section there ripe for chopping and flanges and I'd guess that would be enough for me.
Also going to look at a bypass pipe on a electronic valve for utter noise making

Reactions: 5pot and Daggerit

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Keef and Daggerit
Seeing the matte titanium tips fitted there I think that they'd be my choice!

Reactions: 5pot and Thundercliffe81

I like it how looks but I dunno. Was same on the B8.5. Not sure I heard 'any' exhaust that sounded right on it. I know it's just me but, I'll be keeping my 2 grand The tips do look a hell of a lot better than stock though! Wonder if just doing a res delete will sound better.

Reactions: Lawrence7 and 5pot
I like it how looks but I dunno. Was same on the B8.5. Not sure I heard 'any' exhaust that sounded right on it. I know it's just me but, I'll be keeping my 2 grand The tips do look a hell of a lot better than stock though! Wonder if just doing a res delete will sound better.

I'm of a similar mind. Will definitely try deleting the secondary cats and possibly middle box before splashing out that much!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Spaceman_RS3 and 5pot
I was recently pointed in the direction of SHarper UK on Facebook who was able to do me an epic deal on a valved Milltek system for the S4 (which I don't even have yet... ). If anyone is thinking of a valved or non-valved system then definitely give him a shout!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef