Milltek exhaust 3.2 V6 Purchased! :) Quick question?

dalejones

Reaction score
Just bought a milltek exhaust off ebay, just wondering do all the milltek exhaust for this model come with the tail pipes (tips) seperate to the back box? and they clamp on, or do others come welded on already? the one i have bought has the tips serperate that clamp on.

Screenshot_2013-01-31-10-35-39.png

Thats the one i bought

they all clamp on

Ok good so they all come like that? Anyonr know hpw these sound on the v6? Should have a nice note :)

they sound nice
looks like you got the res ?
the non res sounds better

Non res would have been better, but that without a doubt will sound amazing - iff you are familiar with welding just drop a little tack top and bottom of the tips to prevent them being stolen ;)

I kno that the non res will sound better but i didnt want it to loud, and the way i look at it if i want it louder i can get longlife cut the silencer out but if i had bought he non res and it was to loud then i would be screwed lol

the res will sound ok but not a massive diffence

ok, would you say milltek the best exhaust to go for in terms of sound? would it be worth getting a KnN panel filter to?

ok, would you say milltek the best exhaust to go for in terms of sound? would it be worth getting a KnN panel filter to?[/QUOTE
a filter will give it some noise dont use k&n the maff dont like the oil
milltek are good but way over priced and i wouldnt say there the best.
a good custom will cost less and be just as good if not better.

Strange never knew the tips were bolted on with Milltek, always seen them looked welded.

Strange never knew the tips were bolted on with Milltek, always seen them looked welded.

The two i have owned were both welded.

Also Dale, make sure there is a Miltek emblem welded to the back box with the box number and all other info...

Exactly, was my next question, as they number/stamp each one iirc, you could check with Phil at Milltek, main man iirc, if you're questioning authenticity, at least gives you peace of mind.

Someone correct me, but im sure later Millteks were changed to the bolt on way.

This allows you to have sticky out pipes or the more 'retracted' look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are bolted on, as above allowed me to move the pipes out when I changed the bumper, overwise they would have disappeared.
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Everydays a school day :)

Reactions: UV-RS3
I've got a 3.2 with a cat back Milltek, as far as I am aware there isn't an option for a non res on the 3.2 unlike the S3. You just get the 1 option. Can't say as I've noticed the tips being welded or not, but it sounds nice. Just enough of a burble when parking and not too loud on the motorway!

I've got a 3.2 with a cat back Milltek, as far as I am aware there isn't an option for a non res on the 3.2 unlike the S3. You just get the 1 option. Can't say as I've noticed the tips being welded or not, but it sounds nice. Just enough of a burble when parking and not too loud on the motorway!

Mine is non res, had to special order it.

to make it non res it just needs the middle box removing.
i always get res then i have the spare box

Just bought a milltek exhaust off ebay, just wondering do all the milltek exhaust for this model come with the tail pipes (tips) seperate to the back box? and they clamp on, or do others come welded on already? the one i have bought has the tips serperate that clamp on.

there is a rat in separate. anyways, using the clamps are one option. If you prefer to weld then note that stainless to stainless weld is a specific application. using a traditional muffler shop will lead to rust. tig weld is difficult to perform under the car. some over here tig weld after a test fit under the car. others use trimix. I suggest skipping the clamps and then finding a shop that knows how to weld stainless to stainless. Also test fit the tips to see if you prefer an offset with one tip slightly extended more than the other. BTW, non res sounds great as the res is refined. However, you will get a little drone

Guys I'm after a non-res for my A3 3.2 V6 too!!!

Anyone knows who's the best person on the forum to contact...
AmD Tunning offers FREE fitting and all for 665 not sure if this is what I should be paying...

I've been looking around for Milltek exhaust systems but couldn't find the non-res ones...
Should be ordering the resonated ones and just keep the silencer to make it non-res or I totally misunderstood it :(

Thanks