Milltek downpipe

S3eddiet

Reaction score
Just away to change my milltek down pipe for a new milltek down pipe (flex joint gone) Do I still need to disconnected the drive shaft to get the milltek down pipe out and new one in or do you just need the drive shaft out for getting the standard downpipe out?

You will still need to take the prop out mate, I made the mistake of not fully attaching my downpipe and putting the prop back on... The prop had to come back off in the end

I just disconnected the 3 spine bolts on the forward end of the drive shaft and swung it to one side. I Marked the shaft first so I knew it would go back together correctly. It's a tight fit to get the stock one out and is much easier to get the milteck one in. I managed it on my own on a set of ramps and axel stands

Cheers for info, going to do it sat morning.
Does anyone know which plugs are plugged into downpipe?
New downpipe has come with 2 blanking plugs and I am going for sensors first thing snd want to know which ones I need, is it 3 or is it less, which holes do I add the blanking plugs too?
Hope that makes sense lol..

Will I need to remove the big plate from the underside of the engine also or can it be done with it in place ?

If you are disconnecting your old pipe you should see where the sensors go, just match up the positions.
Make sure everything is totally cold, when I had mine done it was left over an hour after I arrived. Not just to prevent the technician from getting burnt but apparently less chance of snapping the studs than if they were still hot.

If you can't get your lambda sensors out easy then it's best to do this when the exhaust is red hot, you may not have issues though and then losen the rest when cold like prt57 said, plenty of WD40 helps

Done and dusted, could have been doing with car a bit higher but did only jack up one side, bit tight for working a ratchet on some of the studs but got there, worst bit was connecting exaust back together and had to drop whole thing grrr some of that rubbers are a rite bleep haha, miles mpg has gone up from around 21 to 35 round town so all good.
Thanks for all info, now to figure out what wrong with rear wheel drive as fronts keep spinning and have a bit of a whine?

Your mpg has gone up 14mpg for doing what exactly! 35 is the dream

I was only getting g 19 to 21 mpg around town but last night after fitting new downpipe my mpg has gone up to between 30 and 35, 2 new censors fitted to downpipe also.
I can only presume my downpipe/cat was fecked worse than I thought.