Milltek, Cobra or BCS Powervalve?

S3VDO

Reaction score
I'll be ready to upgrade my exhaust at the end of the month and wanted to hear people's opinions on which full system to get. Milltek, Cobra, BCS or a custom made job? I'm leaning towards the BCS one. Let me know what you run and what you reckon peeps? Cheers!

Reactions: BCS Nige
For quality, you are leaning in the correct direction

Reactions: BCS Nige, S3VDO, HHS3 and 1 other person
As above.

Had Milltek previously,and can't really complain but the current BCS is a work of art by comparison.

Here's what they made for me....

Reactions: THQuattro, BCS Nige, S3VDO and 1 other person
Yup, another BCS recommendation from me too - had the PowerValve system for two years now and it's still in one piece and the valve works without issues.

Reactions: S3VDO, Sandra and S3Alex
Yes BCS would be my choice.
I have a full custom system on the kids B6 S4 and its the dogs.

Reactions: BCS Nige, S3VDO, Sandra and 1 other person
BCS is the dogs ********. I have one fitted to my MK6 R and its a work of art.

On my S3 I went for Milltek as BCS don't do a catback system. Not saying I wont get one in the near future :)

Reactions: BCS Nige and S3VDO
I have yet to read a single negative comment regarding BCS and their product & service. There's quite a few S3 owners on here with various BCS setups all of which love their exhausts. It's the most expensive option sure but you're paying for quality that will last, you can see in the pictures that their welding is a work of art compared to the poorly manufactured Miltek's from China nowadays. They sound like an absolute animal and their Powervalve systems is a proper jekyll and hyde setup, plus they don't suffer from drone like other manufactures do on the motorway. I myself will be going for the heatwrapped BCS Powervalve de-cat WRC TBE system with carbon tips :hearteyes:

Speak to @BCS Nige on here or call them on 01744 610244 to see what options you have.

Reactions: BCS Nige, S3VDO, leshkin and 1 other person
BCS all day long and then some. I'm based in South Africa and can tell you that in extremely happy with BCS. Quality workmanship and awesome service from Nige. My next car is definitely getting BCS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3VDO, BCS Nige, THQuattro and 1 other person
Another one for Bcs Fitting It myself you could really tell the quality everything lines up and fits with ease the quality is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3VDO, BCS Nige, Sandra and 2 others
Bcs on my S3 is awsome sounds amazing and the build quality is 2ND to none had it on over a year and had 0 issues

Reactions: S3VDO, BCS Nige, Sandra and 1 other person
Bcs powervalve with 200 cel cat here.... its something else youll want to polish :)
Definatly one of my best buys, and the customer service is second to none...

Reactions: S3VDO and BCS Nige
Thank you guys for your recommendations, can't tell you how grateful we are to you a) for your business and b) for your positive remarks.
As you know we are a small team of passionate guys who car deeply about what we do, and moreover are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of what is merely industry acceptable, to what we consider to be customer exceptional.
As long as you continue to support us we'll keep creating.
Cheers
nige, dave, and paul

Reactions: S3VDO, mechanic69, HHS3 and 5 others
Sorry to jump in, is there anyone out there that has the BCS non powervalve TBE? Just wondering if these suffer from drone? or if its just the powervalve system that is drone free?

Around the £1500 mark.

Can be had for less if you can get a group buy going.

Still love my powervalve every day, the s3 should come standard with them, always wonder just how loud the WRC system is though :racer:

Reactions: S3VDO

Still love my powervalve every day, the s3 should come standard with them, always wonder just how loud the WRC system is though :racer:
They had a Black friday event last year with 20% off. :friendly wink:

Around the £1500 mark.

Hey guys - I'm currently offering the full Powervalve Turbo back system with 200 cell cat at £1350.00 to the members on here...
Lead time currently 3-4 weeks as we're somewhat snowed under.
Cheers
Nige

Sorry to jump in, is there anyone out there that has the BCS non powervalve TBE? Just wondering if these suffer from drone? or if its just the powervalve system that is drone free?

At certain times - i.e. with the engine loaded up in top on an incline then you could perceive slight drone... We have since dialed this out though.
So no problems with it.
We probably sell around 10:1 in favour of the Powervalve system over the non Powervalve.
The non Powervalve is no where near the experience of the Powervalve variable tone.
The biggest single factor has to be that with Powervalve you do not become desensitized to the sound, the way you would with a 'dumb' system.
Having a constantly changing exhaust note experience is what keeps you coming back for more.
The non Powervalve system is currently available at £1200.00 to the forum members on here.
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: S3VDO
BCS all day long.

Reactions: S3VDO and BCS Nige

I've got the wrc, not done many miles with it yet or got any videos but it's awesome and actually really civilised inside

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1443468048997342&id=225598750784284

The only video is from when my garage fitted it will try to get a decent vid when I can. The s3 is far too well built to enjoy the noise that I'm sure it puts out on wot.

Sounds decent, bet it sounds different now it's got a layer of carbon inside though, they don't sound so tinny. I know what you mean, always get comments on how loud mine is but you can never tell it's that loud from inside.

Thanks for all the advice. Been really helpful. And at last I'll be phoning to order one tomorrow!

Reactions: HHS3, smurfworth and S3Alex
@NIGEL, are you ever going to release the cat-back only as a product offering? I'm more than happy with my downpipe but wanted something louder with the option of a valved system? Currently running a Milltek resonated system.

nluk100 you've quoted the wrong user, it's BCS Nige you want. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of people on here just running the BCS cat-back, they called Nige on 01744 610244 who'll go into more specifics on what they offer.

Yeah - to be honest we are so busy with the full TBE's that the development of the cat back option, whilst possible is on the back burner...
Sorry.
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: S3Alex