Milltek cat back .... Res or non res??

JAMI308

Jamie H - Cumbria
Reaction score
Wondering how much of a difference the milltek cat back Resonated makes compared to the standard a3 8p2 2.0tfsi s-line exhaust in terms of sound and performance and if anyone has a video of there's?

And wondering if the non-resonated cat back is loud or drones or anything? Any if anyone had a video of there's of could link me?

Any help aprechiated

cheers!!

Check out Golf GTi's a lot of them with milltek on YouTube to show you the difference. Personally I would say non res is the winner.

And I would say stay away from a millteck and get a bcs system there cheeper and a second to none service have a look at the one I have just had fitted and it was cheeper than a millteck

And I would say stay away from a millteck and get a bcs system there cheeper and a second to none service have a look at the one I have just had fitted and it was cheeper than a millteck
if he was after a turbo back i would agree. but they dont make a catback, so milltek it is.

Non res all the way, you'll get a nicer sound thats for sure, but i doubt you'l see a huge increase in performance, maybe a couple of HP on a dyno. The standard downpipe is very restrictive on the 2.0TFSI, hence why most people go for a turbo back for an increase in performance.

I've just put a cat back non-res on mine at the weekend. I certainly wouldn't want it any quieter so go with the non-res.

if he was after a turbo back i would agree. but they dont make a catback, so milltek it is.

Non res all the way, you'll get a nicer sound thats for sure, but i doubt you'l see a huge increase in performance, maybe a couple of HP on a dyno. The standard downpipe is very restrictive on the 2.0TFSI, hence why most people go for a turbo back for an increase in performance.

Yer I have got the turbo back and I did not realize how restricted it was untill it was next to it.

I have a non res catback on my S3. Compared with my mates S3 sounds miles better.

Non res all the way.

I just had a word with my local garage n there are quite good, as good as Yash Motorsport, anyway they recommend to go for super sprint... But heard some people were moaning about it that it wasn't stainless steel where as milltek is stainless steel...

Anyone any idea...

I wanted to go for non-res milltek but can't decide what to go for?

The resonated pipe is almost as quiet as the stock system,but a lot less restrictive,if you have the entire turbo-back system put on.

Non-resonated does have a bit of a drone around 3500-4500 rpm,and is a bit louder than the resonated system.

Performance wise,the gains really are best seen on mapped cars.

Thanks lads! Answers I was looking for! Might look into the bcs system! If not it'll be a cat back then When I can afford it I'll take it from the turbo back!!! Then a few more bits and bobs then map the *****!