Milltek 3" downpipe AFTER stage 1 remap

Rhyss

Reaction score
Right guys I'm currently stage 1.
I'm on the road to stage 2+ so will be fitting the required parts as I go.

So, in the mean time, will I be safe running the 3" downpipe on a previous stage 1 map? With having it tweeked?
As I've heard it may create boost spikes due to the increased flow.
I will be running it until I'm ready for the stage 2+ map, but that won't be for a while. Thanks

I fit my downpipe decat on stage 1 and it gave me a hell of a missfireand engine management light, got stage 2+ put on and it was perfect

Cheers

Reactions: Rhyss
Currently running a full 3" exhaust system which was put on AFTER my Stage 1 map...no problems at all...apart from a mysteriously decreasing average mpg :fullmoonface:

Reactions: Rhyss
Currently running a full 3" exhaust system which was put on AFTER my Stage 1 map...no problems at all...apart from a mysteriously decreasing average mpg :fullmoonface:

Did you feel a noticeable difference even without a map tweek?

Turbo definitely spools faster and car seems to have a bit more torque, holds torque a bit better too....maybe it's mostly placebo but it's a definite improvement!

Turbo definitely spools faster and car seems to have a bit more torque, holds torque a bit better too....maybe it's mostly placebo but it's a definite improvement!
+1 to that, definitely picks up better and pulls stronger apart from my misfire, the ecu will adjust accordingly so i wouldnt worry too much about running it with it on but id make an effort to get the map adjusted after a while

So on the back of this, am I ok fitting my sports cat downpipe on my unmapped S3?

You may find that you get a light on the dash after fitting the downpipe. Removing the light is part of the stage 2 remap.