Millionaire Major - Guilty!

Hahahhaha!

thieveing b*stard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
gtdog said:
You related?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just clearing my throat.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Have to admit, it must have taken some lucky organisation to get 2 people who knew all the answers on the show together in order to cheat, as lets face it, they still got all the questions right!

but thats the point... THEY... when it should have been HIM. and its not exactly a small sum of money either.

If it was your regular 'you go away with £500' then its only £500... not exaclty going to break the bank... but £1million!!!

Sorry, but they deserved to go down.

Bank robbers who intelligently plan to steal millions have to go to prison, and I see no difference here.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:

Bank robbers who intelligently plan to steal millions have to go to prison, and I see no difference here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, except for the sticking-guns-in-people's-faces-threatening-death-or-mutilation bit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif IMO this was fraudulent, but not robbery per se because (I believe) there was no threat of violence. Although the lecturer guy could probably threaten to bore the life out of you. And I wouldn't like to meet Mrs Ingram in a dark alley... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Besides which, from what I've heard about the trial, I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't appeal. It was a majority verdict from an 11-strong jury, and there's so much medical evidence to suggest that the lecturer would have had a bad cough, they'd have a reasonable chance of getting it quashed.

Anyway, frankly, if someone does Endemol out of a million quid, I'm not going to shed any tears. Those f.ckers have been responsible for more dumbing-down than the Americans, and they've made a sod of a lot of money doing it. Defrauding them of money is naturally illegal, but IMO the moral ground is a bit less solid... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is they haven't "gone down". They've been made to pay £40k costs with a suspended sentence and flatulent judge (with gavel almost certainly anally self-administered) commenting it was a "shabby schoolboy trick" which, quite frankly, underlines this society's lack of concern for white collar crime and bare cheeked fraud.