Million Dollar Question...

Graham Gray

Reaction score
Resonated or Non resonated...

Hi All

New to the site, and a question that has probably been asked many times...

A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback (2007).

Daily Driver and wife will take the A3 when sh does not want to park the Q5 when shopping...

So do I go Resonated or Non Resonated, Quieter or Louder... is there a big difference.

The last Performance Exhaust I had was on my Type R and it had a horrible drone on the Motorway.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Graham

If the wife uses it and you have kids then you will be better off with resonated as (for me anyway) the drone at motorway speeds is unacceptable.

I have a Milltek resonated and find the noise just about right - quiet and very OEM like (but a lot deeper) on a light throttle, but loud enough to make heads turn when on WOT.

If you go for the valved BCS option you can have both options though?

Reactions: Ghost
Thanks nluk100, spoke to BCS and it will need to be a full Turbo back to benefit having their Powervalve...

So looks like the resonated it is...

Resonated...how do i claim my $1m ?

:)

Reactions: Ghost, ch1z64, nluk100 and 1 other person
Apologies guys... but it got the reaction I was hoping for...

The Meaning of the Idiom “Million Dollar Question” The phrase “the million dollar question” is used in colloquial speech in many parts of the English speaking world. The use of the idiom emphasizes that the question being asked is a crucial one

So took the plunge and ordered the Milltek Resonated, should be here in a couple of days and hope to have it fitted over the weekend, also took the opportunity to buy a replacement Pipercross Panel filter.

Every little helps with the Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow...

Don't worry, we were just pulling your leg :)
Idiom: A collective noun for a group of idiots is used in colloquial speech in many parts of the English speaking world.
Oh look at that bunch of idiots, they have formed an idiom. See also. idiom, a collective home for idiots.. Old fred ? he went daft, they sent him to an Idiom.

Reactions: leshkin, ch1z64, S. and 1 other person
I get that Paddy, once I get settled on the Forum ,I hope to become part you you Idiom ;-) and then I can give as good as I get...

Reactions: ch1z64, paddy and S.
Don't worry, we were just pulling your leg :)
Idiom: A collective noun for a group of idiots is used in colloquial speech in many parts of the English speaking world.
Oh look at that bunch of idiots, they have formed an idiom. See also. idiom, a collective home for idiots.. Old fred ? he went daft, they sent him to an Idiom.
@paddy your reply is a Belter mate and it gave me a giggle on a boring night stuck out here in the North sea

Reactions: Graham Gray and paddy
Exhaust fitted... not sure if I am disappointed or not...

The fitter explained that from factory my exhaust was a single box, and then they install the resonated Milltek...

although the sound is a deeper tone... because of the ****** weather I have not had a change to "Drive" it properly yet.

Is it shiney?
I may need to change mine at some point later this year, when you've vhad chance to have a good run out and windows down etc I'd love to hear what your thoughts are
Ta Chivers