MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

Or just put in a switch like prawn did to run on actuator pressure? Or is that too low for you Miggz:p

Or just put in a switch like prawn did to run on actuator pressure? Or is that too low for you Miggz:p

was suppose to do it but when i remembered i closed up everything already lol
so one day when i feel like opening it again ill do it

Was hoping to get it back this weekend but theres a delay with the shipment of the pistons :banghead:

So just have to wait a while longer

Decided to go with JE.

Was told this morning that they arrived yesterday afternoon so they gone to engineers for balancing. Motor should be ready by early next week and I should have her back by the weekend.

so turbo is in, battery moved and WMI racetank fitted. ill take pics of how it looks in the boot soon enough lol

here is the turbo after it came back from the engineers

thats how much oil came out of just the cooler :Flush::banghead:

then on saturday night while driving to a mate our lovely road works constructors decided to dig a hole across 6 lanes of traffic without even a warning sign or lights and i hit it damaging my rims!!!

original wheels for the win!!! im sure reps would have broken into a million pieces and i would have been stuck on the side of the road like the other 6 or 7 cars that were there.

Turbo look like new!

Sh1t man harsh luck once again with the wheels this time... I still dig the colour of them. Such a pity!

Lets see pictures!!

Turbo look like new!

Sh1t man harsh luck once again with the wheels this time... I still dig the colour of them. Such a pity!

Lets see pictures!!

Will take pictures tomorrow I promise lol
Going to the exhaust shop as well tomorrow I need more loud lol sounds like a stock car

Will take pictures tomorrow I promise lol
Going to the exhaust shop as well tomorrow I need more loud lol sounds like a stock car

We all know loud = more speed:thumbsup: But I'm with you hey, I want to do the same. Car is way to quiet

so took resinator out..... no difference lol car did not get louder hahahaha

but took 2 quick pics of how the race tank and the battery sits

yes i know there are wires open and bla bla but still busy with removing the wires for the big sound install i had and corner that section off so i can still have some boot space

next question does anyone have a link for a t2 or t28 actuator diy for a ko4?

Your car is looking more and more ready for the track! Epic dude...

So your exhaust didn't get any louder? How many boxes/ resonators are you running now?

And what is this DIY you speak of? Stiffer actuator for for the k04?

dude, just buy an actuator.

Get yours off, cut of off the bracket,and all will become very clear :) Cut the arm off yours and weld it to the arm on the new one at the right length.

the actuator itself should be able to just be drilled and bolted to the stock bracket after you cut the old one off, proper easy job.

dude, just buy an actuator.

Get yours off, cut of off the bracket,and all will become very clear :) Cut the arm off yours and weld it to the arm on the new one at the right length.

the actuator itself should be able to just be drilled and bolted to the stock bracket after you cut the old one off, proper easy job.

Yeah thanks nick was looking last night how to do it, made this post before I spoke to you

ok so got stuck in this week with my car trying to get it ready for track day on sunday!

1st up was doing a actuator upgrade, thanks to dan and nick for the info on it, thanks to sidey for having one and thanks to gizmo for forcing me to do it lol

this is a 14psi t28 actuator

so started cutting the old actuator off to get the bracket to use for the new actuator

now the t28 actuator is shorter then the k04 one so had to extend it

test fit on my spare k04

it def feels better and holds boost for longer with out having that uncontrolled spike

next up was boost leak test (thanks to gizmo once again)

and so much of fail when i did this, system could not hold more then 0.6bar without finding leaks everywhere

tip was leaking
3 leaks in the welds on the boost pipes
map sensor leaking
tappit cover leaking

fixed up all the welds
then i took map sensor out and retapped and actually used proper bolts and not self tappers like the people that made the boost pipes :gun2::keule::asskicking:

then nick was too kind to send me this little box that was packed so well i needed a electronic saw to cut it open lol

lol he even gave me 5p in change hahahahha

next was replacing oem tappet cover gasket and repairing the leak on the oil return line from turbo

made my new tip

been having issues with my catchcan as its not catching the oil as it should its just going straight out the other side lol so did an experiment to see how it works

made the inlet stick out furtherr then the outlet

then put a wall of sponge to "filter" it

im busy spraying my porsche twist track wheels white with plastidip, will finish up with them tonight

thats it for now!

people to thank!

gizmo (tiaan )
sidey ( shaun )
ashley
wikus
Goldwagen Delarey
wesley

Reactions: Ashley =1.8T= and Gizmo20VT
Nice progress bud, hope she pulls proper and strong on track sunday!

Harro.

Damm dude you have not been having much luck with your car. Gald to see you are on top of it and sorting it out :thumbsup:

Here is to no more issues :keule:

Loking awesome mate!

are you on actuator pressure only with the new actuator on there? or have you tried using full boost too? Does it still control it OK? or has it upped the boost over all?

Nice progress bud, hope she pulls proper and strong on track sunday!

thanks dude tested last night against a k26 8l a3 last night and gave it a good hiding car feels very strong but at in 4th at 5700rpm it felt like it pulled back, could be the coil pack wiring screwing me around or it was pulling timing

Harro.

Damm dude you have not been having much luck with your car. Gald to see you are on top of it and sorting it out :thumbsup:

Here is to no more issues :keule:

thanks james!!!! even me i hope so

Loking awesome mate!

are you on actuator pressure only with the new actuator on there? or have you tried using full boost too? Does it still control it OK? or has it upped the boost over all?

thanks nick

im back on full boost have not tried just actuator pressure yet will try it tonight

it does not spike or anything and it holds boost so smoothly

thanks bud

Yeah thanks nick

thanks dude

thanks james!!!!

thanks nick

thanks dude

Thanks dude

Stop ****** thanking everyone :laugh:

I keep coming back in here expecting more crazy updates and stories about foreign dudes with guns and that little green monster dude who tunes your car, and all i see is you being overly polite and thanking every man and his dog :laugh:

Love you too btw :wub:

Stop ****** thanking everyone :laugh:

I keep coming back in here expecting more crazy updates and stories about foreign dudes with guns and that little green monster dude who tunes your car, and all i see is you being overly polite and thanking every man and his dog :laugh:

Love you too btw :wub:
Bwaahahahhahahahah I can't help it.... I'm a polite person.... Its in my nature

om fuk I just died!!!

Don't joke about that sh*t man, I hear they have guns round your way

:ninja: + :angrymod: =
Gun.gif
:busted_cop: = :sos: = :blahblah1: = :sob: