Michelin PS4/super sport

R222cet

Reaction score
I ordered 4 Michelin PS4’s for the S3. They turned up today But 2 tyres are PS4’s and the other 2 are pilot super sports. They are all the same size 225/40/18 my question is should I keep them ? I know they are a better tyre but they don’t match. If I do keep them do I put the supers on the front or rear ?

I would want a matched set if that is what I ordered.

I ordered 4 Michelin PS4’s for the S3. They turned up today But 2 tyres are PS4’s and the other 2 are pilot super sports. They are all the same size 225/40/18 my question is should I keep them ? I know they are a better tyre but they don’t match. If I do keep them do I put the supers on the front or rear ?

S3's are supposed to have matching on both axles anyway due to the quattro

I'd want a matched set - my OCD is already hurting for you...

Reactions: abmat and Bryant1998
Definitely get 4 matching PS4’s. They currently gave an offer at Costco at the moment on S3 size. £328 fitted which is silly cheap.

S3's are supposed to have matching on both axles anyway due to the quattro

Not required on Haldex cars as it's not true quattro. Even then it doesn't make that much difference, unless you drive at 10/10ths all day long, which is more to do with handling on the limit.

The main issue for proper 4wd cars in different tread depths front and back (and even worse, difference tyre sizes) winding the centre diff up.

Having said that, I'd prefer to put the same make on all round unless they offer you a nice discount on them for making a mistake. In which case, put the the supersports on the front.

Reactions: NevMan
The problem I’ve got is they need to be fitted ASAP really I’ve left it longer than I should do I’m swaying more towards sticking with what I’ve got and putting the super sports on the front

You could always put the PS4s on the front, let them wear out and replace them with supersports?

If I was you I’d return the PS4’s for a refund and order the super sports once that’s done. Then you’re essentially be getting ‘discounted’ supersports all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I’ve got is they need to be fitted ASAP really I’ve left it longer than I should do I’m swaying more towards sticking with what I’ve got and putting the super sports on the front
Explain why they needed to be fitted straight away and if your in that much off a hurry to get them fitted why ask ASN members advice as your going to fit 2 different type off tyres anyway as you said needed done straight away Confused Member

Reactions: Bryant1998