Michelin Pilot Sports 4 s - very nice (

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
Had a set of these fitted on monday - replaced the factory fitted hankooks evo tryes.

They certainly feel different to the hankooks. I live in the Rhondda valleys and have a quite treacherous mountain route back and fore to work and got used to the limits of the hankooks on this road.

the Michelins certainly feel more planted and the car does not wallow so much around bends.

they are quieter than the hankooks as well.

there was a lot of ice and a thin layer on snow on my street this morning which caused me no problems. Never tried the hankooks on a similar surface so dont know if its the tyres or the quatro system.

there is also a steep hill outside my works and that is usually full of cars. Today it was a sheet of ice. But again i was able to reverse into my usual spot without any issues - no traction lights or anything. Could not walk up the hill after parking and had to walk the long way around to my work door.

again not sure if its the tyres or the quatro system.

i am certainly not advocating these are anywhere near as good as winter tyres and yes i do know how good winter tyres are as i used to run them on my 5 series. However the driving experience this morning on very slippery snow covered streets was very assured. certainly not the slip and slide ride i was having last year with my m135 - i would not have been able to have moved my m135 on my street as it was today

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Anyone have any idea how these compare to Conti SC6? I had them from the factory and they were flawless to begin with (even in the snow last March) but they are a bit worn now and traction is noticeably worse lately (ESC kicking in) so want to stick a new set on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine came with Conti's, a pretty good tyre by all accounts. Weird how the A4's turned up with random tyres!

TX.

Reactions: NevMan
The Contis were great for 10k miles, but that doesn't seem like much? I've no real basis for comparison as the S4 has quite a bit more power than my previous cars.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I found the same when I replaced my Hankooks with, yes the very same Hankooks. The only reason for the improvement I could think of was that my tracking was slightly out on the front left..

Last edited:
I had Conti sport contact 6 all around and they have a very soft sidewall. I had a blow out from hitting a pot hole, I also found if you drive the car hard through the twist stuff they didn’t last very many miles either. So I changed to Michelin PS4s and they are much better in all areas IMO. I will stick to the PS4s

Good feedback I’ve just ordered a set of 265/35/19 PS4S’ and am hoping they’ll live up to the hype.

Mine came with P Zeros and I’m hoping the change to Michelin’s will help turn in and overall grip.

Reactions: A12RNX
My S4 came with Pirelli’s, a great tyre but wear very quickly. I have since fitted Pilot Sports and find them just as good and last a few 1000 miles more

Good feedback I’ve just ordered a set of 265/35/19 PS4S’ and am hoping they’ll live up to the hype.

Mine came with P Zeros and I’m hoping the change to Michelin’s will help turn in and overall grip.

What car do you have for that size tyre? Seems a bit of an odd size for the A4/5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WesT-gefül
No 19x9.5 Et41 fr Et38 rear

Just googled 265 on 8.5j :blink:

That makes more sense! Have you fitted them yet as I’m really curious about the fronts? Mine are close to the upper links with the stock 8.5j ET40, I’m surprised those don’t touch to be honest. Would be good to know for future if there’s still some clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WesT-gefül