Michelin pilot Sport 3?

Hal Adams

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone rate the Pilot Sport 3? How do they compare with say, the Super Sport?
I have a chance of buying four at 'trade' price, new with full warranty. They are 235/35/91Y R19 and 'taking up space' in a local retailer. I am tempted to take them a keep until a change is due.

Pilot sport 3 are nothing like the super sport. The pilot sport 2 was more similar. Pilot sport 3 is more of an all year tyre

Thanks Spaceman! However, all academic now as they were sold last night!
Sitting there for a year and suddenly with a big discount, buyers coming out of the woodwork!
I guess it will be super sports anyway when the PZeros call it a day.

Siperspirts being superceeded by pilot sport 4 ment to be even better

Conti sport 6 ment to be great also

If the deal is cheap enough and the tyres DOT codes aren't too old go for it .

Always thought of them as a high performance touring tyre .

Both the Pilot Sport 3 and Super Sport are old and have been replaced by the Pilot Sport 4 and Pilot Sport 4 S .

I put supersports on mine when the fronts gave up the ghost so running mixed at the moment :fearscream:

Will put them on the rear too soon as they are getting low (16k miles so far).

TX.

Edit - I heard that the pilot sport 4 (supposed to be a mix of sport and supersport) were more like sport than supersport eg "worse"?

Reactions: Neil_M
I am going for Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 and its more than good enough when using is an daily driven car. I have had it on other cars before and it just worked very well with good milage, good wet grip and more silent than Pirellis which also felt that the car rolled easier, haven't tryed Michelins though.

Edit - I heard that the pilot sport 4 (supposed to be a mix of sport and supersport) were more like sport than supersport eg "worse"?

I believe the PS4 is nearly on par with the Super Sport now. Certainly with better wet weather ability.

The Super Sport is, as above, being superseded.

The continental sport 6's are beating the pilot super sports in all areas bar being very marginally slower on bone dry smooth track days in recent group tests

For one very good reason , they're soft and wear out quickly .

PS4 out perform PSS in everyday situations.

Reactions: Neil_M
The continental sport 6's are beating the pilot super sports in all areas bar being very marginally slower on bone dry smooth track days in recent group tests

And how is the wearing on these Contis?

Edit: If they are soft as the Pirellis I don`t want them and going for Dunlop Sportmax which I had on A5 and was super. How good are for instance Yokohamas - if you want soft?

Not sure how they wear to be honest it's what group tests are saying, I've used pilot superpsorts a lot and they wear out very fast aswell, and they only offer decent grip in dry weather, useless in the wet if not go back to them now if I'm honest.