Michelin’s, contis or Pirelli...

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

Tyres....Michelin ps4s’s.....

Been looking for new tyres for my prefl, and I have the staggered 255/30/19 fronts and 235/35/19 rears in Pirelli ro2’s at the moment and they’re ****.

Replacements as above, but I don’t know what tyre sizes to get.

Thinking 245 width definitely, as I know Michelin’s are slightly wider than the 255 Pirelli anyway, but i don’t know whether to get either:

245/35/19 all around

245/30/19 all around

Or...

245/30/19 front

245/35/19 rear

As they are 35 profile rear and 30 front as standard and set up from the factory that way, then it may be best to keep that set up from the factory? That would mitigate any speedo changes etc surely? Difference in tyre cost is negligible.

Also obviously heard the tyre woes when moving to Michelin and keeping TC on, if I keep the same rolling radius is it going to help things? Did some calculations...I’d rather my speedo read too slow than too fast so tempted more by the 30 profile tyres!!

Any proper clarification on these points would be greatly appreciated!

Could be worth reading the FL pirelli alternatives thread ...

Reactions: AudiNutta
Lost track how many tyre threads there are now :lmfao:

Reactions: Phil3 and billymc92
Tyres....Michelin ps4s’s.....

Been looking for new tyres for my prefl, and I have the staggered 255/30/19 fronts and 235/35/19 rears in Pirelli ro2’s at the moment and they’re ****.

Replacements as above, but I don’t know what tyre sizes to get.

Thinking 245 width definitely, as I know Michelin’s are slightly wider than the 255 Pirelli anyway, but i don’t know whether to get either:

245/35/19 all around

245/30/19 all around

Or...

245/30/19 front

245/35/19 rear

As they are 35 profile rear and 30 front as standard and set up from the factory that way, then it may be best to keep that set up from the factory? That would mitigate any speedo changes etc surely? Difference in tyre cost is negligible.

Also obviously heard the tyre woes when moving to Michelin and keeping TC on, if I keep the same rolling radius is it going to help things? Did some calculations...I’d rather my speedo read too slow than too fast so tempted more by the 30 profile tyres!!

Any proper clarification on these points would be greatly appreciated!
I would only run on OEM. Your insurance is likely to be invalid if you don’t declare.

I am just suggesting you check it out! Most insurance companies will not be happy with non approved tyre fitment.

I am just suggesting you check it out! Most insurance companies will not be happy with non approved tyre fitment.
Surely as long as the tyres are legal and suitable for the car you would be fine. I don't know anyone who has ever called their insurance company to say they are switching from one make to another.

If you also ever put in non premium unleaded be sure to tell your insurance company aswell. Your policy may be invalid if found not using the recommended fuel grade by the manufacturer. :whistle2:

Reactions: Reckz
Surely as long as the tyres are legal and suitable for the car you would be fine. I don't know anyone who has ever called their insurance company to say they are switching from one make to another.
I think its the fitting of 245 tyres is the issue, not that they are a different make. As 245 tyres are not originally available on the car fitting them would be classed as a modification.

Reactions: D0C