Mib2 upgrade

Daniela3

Reaction score
Hi every one while been off work due to covid19 I decided to buy a mib2 setup with 7inch display I have fitted it all and it is all working. I just have a few problems the star button on the steering wheel used to change my drive select modes but now does nothing also my sat nav button does not do nothing on the steering wheel or instrument cluster even tho the sat nav works ? I also have the wireless charge pad and USB ports but need the cables that run from the mmi to them could any one help me with the part numbers ? I have added a photo with the buttons I am on about

thanks
Dan

Attachments

• 81D4A0D3-ADA9-45A6-A90D-A5D28706ECA2.jpeg
    81D4A0D3-ADA9-45A6-A90D-A5D28706ECA2.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 290
Kufatec do the cables or you can get alibaba specials from China.

Coding is required for the rest as these issues have been brought up before on this forum.

@DJAlix will be able to sort for a fee.

Thank you I need to go and see him anyway to program my subwoofer. Just abit tough been on lockdown ! Il look for cables now thanks again

Dan

hi hope everyone is well Would any one be kind enough to help me out with some coding on my car to get mmi2 retro fit to function with steering wheel controls the * And Satnav buttons

thanks
dan

hi hope everyone is well Would any one be kind enough to help me out with some coding on my car to get mmi2 retro fit to function with steering wheel controls the * And Satnav buttons

thanks
dan

The issues have come up before as I mentioned. People don't know, they never replied then, so it's doubtful they can reply now. Its not an everyday bit of coding like turning on a dial sweep etc, so I think help might be quite limited.

The people who make a living out of this know, because thats their gig, they spent ages trial and error trying to figure it out so imo it's best to either figure it out yourself through researching the kit and using the VCDS forum and learning etc or paying someone to do it with you over the phone.

Last edited:
in sure its under adaptations channel of the 5F MMI module. Theres list of members who own a VCDS lead in the VCDS section of the forum, maybe there is somebody nearby that could help

Thank you il have a look I have messaged Alex from Vag car coding. Awaiting his reply with the covid 19 there’s a big impact I may have to just be patient and wait

Thank you il have a look I have messaged Alex from Vag car coding. Awaiting his reply with the covid 19 there’s a big impact I may have to just be patient and wait
Am basically closed for all but my remote support customers and mail in works.

Thanks Alex I’m pulling the unit back out and going to sell it I think It will not accept any adaptions I presume it’s been hacked and would need re hacking in order to do the adaptions
Thanks for you reply

Dan

Thanks Alex I’m pulling the unit back out and going to sell it I think It will not accept any adaptions I presume it’s been hacked and would need re hacking in order to do the adaptions
Thanks for you reply

Dan
send it to me so I can give it the once over and re-activate if needed :)

MIB1 I activated and then updated at home for a forum member the other day:

IMG 9982

Reactions: ismailsener
No problem I just don’t want to chance with any one else messing with it on my searches I have heard nothing but good feedback on all your work! Please private message me as I’m unsure how to do it

thanks
Dan

No problem I just don’t want to chance with any one else messing with it on my searches I have heard nothing but good feedback on all your work! Please private message me as I’m unsure how to do it

thanks
Dan
give me a call tomorrow anytime after 10am on 07950 737 899. Much easier to talk this over than message back and forth.

Hi all Djalex has done the work to my mib2. I can not praise him enough for the work he has done to it ! Any one needs anything doing and he would be my 1st on the list to contact! I’m after a little help if people would not mind I need the wiring that runs from the mib2 to the x2 USB ports and the aux connector in the phone box if any one could get me a link of what I need would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again djalex !!!

Reactions: DJAlix
Can you use the touchscreen when using the discovery media screen?
Would be a nice upgrade to add touchscreen to our cars...

Bummer but thanks for the info!!